Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November/December Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text today to schedule delivery. The options are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. But my schedule is bad in weekdays because of work commitments. Prefer to pick up in weekend. Anyone has experience on how to push the delivery out a few days?
As far as I know you have 3 days, that's it. If you need to wait, you can put your order on hold for I think up to 2 or 3 weeks. Once you are ready, you release the hold. Most likely you will get a new VIN assigned.

Ordered an "in transit" MYP 12/7 wife changed mind next morning and wanted MYLR as she is in sales and drives about 100 miles a day. She was worried about the thin profile tires and wheels on NJ streets and highways, especially after winter weather here in NJ. Cold rain, snow, ice seem to bring out more potholes every hour.
Friday afternoon called Tesla, at first refused to move my $250 to a new inventory MYLR and told me I would have to cancel loose the $250 and start a new order.
Saturday morning I got a call from Tesla and they told me they would allow the switch to a LR and use the same $250.
Ordered a Black on Black inventory MYLR yesterday 12/09 $49,810 with discount.
Within 1 hour of ordering everything was complete on my end.
Saturday night VIN assigned: 7SAYGDEE0PA1855**
Delivery date is 12/14
Here in NJ

Couple questions:

I am assuming Hardware 4.0?
Matrix headlights? I do not even know what these are.

Thanks to the forums, I have been lurking a reading for the last few months, I have learned a ton...!

Wife is very excited!

Ordered last night around 9 pm;

MYLR
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
$48,950 before fun stuff is added

It was in inventory, got the VIN assigned within 20 mins of placing order; EDD 12/6-12/13; just can't tell if it is equipped with Matrix or not.
Picked up on 12/9 at Loveland, CO; no issues; had HW4 and Matrix lighting equipped.

Moving from a '19 M3 SR+ with FSD to a '23 MYLR w/o FSD is like night and day.

Got a text today to schedule delivery. The options are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. But my schedule is bad in weekdays because of work commitments. Prefer to pick up in weekend. Anyone has experience on how to push the delivery out a few days?
I just dealt with this. They gave me one option, wed at 12:30 which doesnt work for me. I sent them a message asking for a Friday pickup and they switched it automatically within a few minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231211_075648_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20231211_075648_Tesla.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 39
Ordered inventory MYLR 12/08. VIN immediately. Delivery in MD. Original est delivery 10-17 just got bumped to 16-25. Weird because the site said it was available for faster pick-up which I assumed meant it was already on-site. Ordered straight online so I guess I don't have anybody to talk to about what's up.

I received a text last night at 10:11PM stating it is time to schedule delivery. I did not read this text until this morning.
I get another text this morning stating it is time to schedule delivery and if not scheduled by tomorrow the Y will be released back into inventory.
I click the link to schedule delivery and its says there are currently no appointments available.
I call the phone number listed 888-518-3752 and sit on hold for about 45 minutes before I have to hang up and take a business call.
Anyone else experience this and actually lose the vehicle back to inventory?

I received a text last night at 10:11PM stating it is time to schedule delivery. I did not read this text until this morning.
I get another text this morning stating it is time to schedule delivery and if not scheduled by tomorrow the Y will be released back into inventory.
I click the link to schedule delivery and its says there are currently no appointments available.
I call the phone number listed 888-518-3752 and sit on hold for about 45 minutes before I have to hang up and take a business call.
Anyone else experience this and actually lose the vehicle back to inventory?
Try to call the delivery center where your car is. I called mine today and they were able to schedule my pickup beyond the typical 3 days.

Hey all,

This is my first Tesla purchase. I'm looking forward to driving and learning more about this car with you all. I ordered the MYLR with:
Black paint
19" Gemini Wheels
7 seats
Black and White Premium Interior

I ordered it on Sunday with an estimated date of December 2023. I still haven't received my VIN which makes me wonder if I will even receive it by the end of the year. What are your thoughts?

Try to call the delivery center where your car is. I called mine today and they were able to schedule my pickup beyond the typical 3 days.
Up in NY/CT area delivery centers (Mt Kisko, Brooklyn..) have their mailbox full and totally unreachable since order was put in. It’s a horror story tbh- the delivery part and end of Q or end of Yr. Not doing it again.

Hello, new here and have been following the posts. I thought I would add my purchase experience so far.
Ordered the MYLR, Blue, 19", 5 place, tow package the day the discounts started. I ordered an "Inventory in transit" car on Nov 21. I received a vin almost immediately with a delivery date of Nov 29 - Dec 8.

On Nov 30 I received a new delivery window of Dec 8 - Dec Dec 17. On Dec 5 I received notice to setup an appointment, I picked 12/13. On Dec 10 I was told the car was delayed in transit so now I'm scheduled for Dec 18.

New Tesla guy here. I ordered a MYLR that was supposed to be in inventory in NC service center with a discount. Got VIN pretty quick, but now they keep pushing out the timeframe. Ordered 11/28, I thought the car would be ready for pickup within days. Now, 12/14-12/23. Charlotte is a 3hr drive for me. I feel like Tesla has been pretty deceitful about this car being in inventory; I am not sure it has even been built. I installed my charger today; but I may walk away if I can’t get a scheduled date before I have to leave town for the holidays.

Hi. New here as well. I stumbled upon this forum as I was researching on why Tesla has not provided me with a delivery date. I ordered on December 6 and got a VIN assigned. I completed all pre documentation but still have not received a delivery date. I ordered from the inventory and it showed "in transit". I sent a message on the app and an agent told me it is still in transit... Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get a delivery date schedule text? I really hope to get the vehicle before Dec. 31. Thank you!!!

Final update -

Ordered a MYP evening of 11/26
  • Pearl White
  • White Interior
  • Tow Hitch

Timeline
  • 11/28: Vin assigned.
  • 11/30: Estimated delivery notification (NY metro) 11/30-12/7 from Fremont factory.
  • 12/1: Delivery window updated 12/9-12/18.
  • 12/7: Text message that vehicle ready for delivery to be scheduled.
  • 12/11: Took delivery at service center
Vehicle was not at service center long enough to charge more than what came from factory, so I received it at 48% SoC.

Initial impressions: Wow! White interior is gorgeous! Car feels more glued to the road than the MYLR I test drove. Zero rattle. Small nick in paint, but super unnoticeable. First drive to work 80mi round trip tomorrow. Will start day at 80% SoC (level 1).

Having fun with kiddos playing with the tech. Connected a PS5 controller and managed to get Xbox cloud gaming to work!

Other spontaneous accessories bought/installed:
  • Mud flaps
  • 3d floor mats
  • Storage trays
  • 1TB drive
  • Rimsavers
  • Rear seatbelt guides

Reactions: richyrich