Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November/December Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new MY LR today! Hard to find any faults with the car, gaps looked great, it was clean, no paint issues. It had a slight stain on the parcel shelf that I pointed out, probably could have been fixed with carpet cleaner and a quick scrub. They opted to replace it.

Car drove great the 100 miles home, I'm in love!

P.S. the neighborhood kids went crazy for the light show. It was really cute

Ordered yesterday
MYLR
Midnight Silver
19 Gemini
Black Interior
Tow Hitch

Assigned VIN right away. 2023, Shanghai build.

EDD December 24th - Jan 1st. Hoping it will arrive a couple of days early. We travel on December 28th and I won’t be available for pickup until after Jan 5th if I can’t get it before Dec 24th.
@Deadareus any idea if it will include the refresh updates some are discussing? First Look at the Refreshed Model Y in China Reveals Ambient Lighting, No HW4

I assume still no HW4.

Ordered last night around 9 pm;

MYLR
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
$48,950 before fun stuff is added

It was in inventory, got the VIN assigned within 20 mins of placing order; EDD 12/6-12/13; just can't tell if it is equipped with Matrix or not.

Anyone in NY metro area with info on delivery dates esp if they’re moving ahead or pushing back for an idea. For inventory car (that was showing “Arriving Soon”)

Just ordered a LR 7 seater day before 12/5 and estimated dates are quite far (23rd Dec or later). Seems weird esp since inventory car is “arriving soon” at time of order. Do they really need 2+ weeks to get it here in NY area for delivery??
(I’m traveling and pick up windows seem but too tight)
TIA to all the experts here!

Anyone in NY metro area with info on delivery dates esp if they’re moving ahead or pushing back for an idea. For inventory car (that was showing “Arriving Soon”)

Just ordered a LR 7 seater day before 12/5 and estimated dates are quite far (23rd Dec or later). Seems weird esp since inventory car is “arriving soon” at time of order. Do they really need 2+ weeks to get it here in NY area for delivery??

I ordered 12/1 and am waiting. I also need it before EOY. The reason why it takes time is because “in transit” and “arriving soon” includes many things. My MYP has been in the BC port as an example and needs to clear customs and be picked up and transported to a rail yard before making it’s way east.

I had a 12/22-25 DD, but it was revised and pushed to 12/26-31. Fingers crossed for the both of us that we get it in time for our respective needs.

Reactions: AJ..

Since end of month also means end of quarter and end of year for statistics, I'd be willing to wager that you will have an opportunity to take delivery before end of year. Might be on Dec. 31 at 8 pm, but be ready. Good luck.

v
I ordered 12/1 and am waiting. I also need it before EOY. The reason why it takes time is because “in transit” and “arriving soon” includes many things. My MYP has been in the BC port as an example and needs to clear customs and be picked up and transported to a rail yard before making it’s way east.

I had a 12/22-25 DD, but it was revised and pushed to 12/26-31. Fingers crossed for the both of us that we get it in time for our respective needs.
Are there official milestones in the Tesla app reflecting the progress of delivery? If so, what are they and what's the sequence? My status remains an estimated delivery window of 12/9-12/18.

v

Are there official milestones in the Tesla app reflecting the progress of delivery? If so, what are they and what's the sequence? My status remains an estimated delivery window of 12/9-12/18.
I’m new to this as well so I’m not sure, but I don’t believe so. Not until delivery is ready to be scheduled. I think your best bet is to check with a SA, and bug them for updates.

I believe all the 7 seaters come from Fremont, so it’s got a ways to travel. We ordered an inventory LR7 on Nov 26, originally estimated for delivery Dec 8-14, but then offered for delivery on Dec 5 (actually picked up yesterday). This is in CO but hopefully yours arrives sooner than estimated too!

Reactions: AJ..
I ordered a MYP last night. I can schedule to pick it up as soon as tomorrow. They have pickup at Bakersfield which is not my usual SC. I just sent a message asking to pick it up at my usual SC. Hopefully this will push it back until next week.
Same happened to me. First they confirmed pick up at one location, but then switched to another one. It was close by so no big deal.

Got a text today to schedule delivery. The options are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. But my schedule is bad in weekdays because of work commitments. Prefer to pick up in weekend. Anyone has experience on how to push the delivery out a few days?

Did you order from inventory or new order? My understanding is they can’t switch the pickup/delivery location if you order from inventory.
Custom order. Not an inventory car. I had to pause my ordered because I was on a trip and couldn't pick my car up the day it was ready. Once I was back from my trip and released the hold and got a new VIN assigned. They just pick whatever location has a car that matches your configuration. I guess I could have asked them to pick up at my original SC but it was a 20 min drive, so no big deal for me.