Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condensation in rear lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DEEF66E2-4B92-4C56-B9E1-560317057D07.jpeg
Same issue. Right Is worse than left. Was told by Tesla that there needs to be water inside, not just condensation to replace. Mobile tech is coming tomorrow so I'll push them again. Unacceptable on a £50k car and tbh, it is a really bad advert for them. Makes the car look like an old banger.
How do you get a mobile tech to come? I dont see that as an option in app.
Both my tail light are full of water that never dry. So if they dont change mine i will laugh!!!...then yell:)

DEEF66E2-4B92-4C56-B9E1-560317057D07.jpeg
F3ACF912-C236-4DB4-80E4-E321BBE524F4.jpeg

Same issue for me - refusal at first to replace, kept sending follow up pictures showing progressive deterioration and no change after driving until the SC agreed to replace. In fairness, I suspect that sometimes the condensation may disappear during drives, but this is a known fault on the M3 with improved parts coming (so I'm told).

I would catalog the evidence and be polite and firm in asking for the fix, I've never owned a car with this issue - let alone one of this value, so it's clearly a problem.

I was told that this was typical of LED lights at Leeds SC when I raised it with other issues that were addressed. They basically told me that unless it persists, it's not an issue they consider a problem. I have to say that I rarely notice it other than immediately after a long wet drive.

Does anyone else suffer from misting of the front screen. I am constantly cleaning my windscreen internally because of a film of something on it. It’s not that I can’t see out, it’s a very faint coating, but I can see it and it comes back after cleaning. I’m not sure if it’s condensation or particles but it sure is annoying. What settings do you have for your a/c and/or fresh air on?

Does anyone else suffer from misting of the front screen. I am constantly cleaning my windscreen internally because of a film of something on it. It’s not that I can’t see out, it’s a very faint coating, but I can see it and it comes back after cleaning. I’m not sure if it’s condensation or particles but it sure is annoying. What settings do you have for your a/c and/or fresh air on?
Get some glass polish, not cleaner, that should remove the film.

• Helpful
Reactions: Keeper
That looks like normal misting for the LED light to me WilliamG.

One of mine looked like Jeffoun's lights where it actually looks like moisture in the light rather than a bit of mist and it never clears, I sent the SC a picture of mine and said it had been like it for weeks and never clears, when i took it in they confirmed straight away its moisture in the light and replaced it.

I had this issue with my 2014 Model S. The SC sealed the light clusters with some kind of glue (which they also allowed to run down the paintwork... oops). Rightly or wrongly, it did the trick.

Anyway, those having lights replaced, check the colour of the reversing/fog lamp is correct when you collect the car!

That's Becuase it wasn't cleaned when they delivered. I had to scrub thst crap of my screan as I thought I had a fingerprint on the inside. Turns out I was this weird film like you'd expect in a car after a long summer.

Cleaners with normal car glass cleaner and a lot of paper towels and now viability is awsome