Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Condo ChargePoint charging costs are the same as ICE gas cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just thought i'd leave this here to counter your point... =P

Attachments

• 2018-09-27 15.19.36.png
    2018-09-27 15.19.36.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: cwerdna
It’s the owners of the facilities that dictate the charge price. We have them at work for $1.00 an hour. ChargePoint has a base price and anything above that is added by the facility.

I say use PlugShare and you usually can find cheaper near by

ok i bet he lives in downtown metro, where everything is overpriced including parking.
So they are not only charing him for the juice, but the parking spot added on.
That being said unfortunately the nearest super charger for him will be about 1 hour+ west in either culver city, or hawthorn.

The even sadder thing is management most likely is getting a electricity discount with a dedicated meter, and also writting off the electricity as a utitily operation expense, hence they are getting tax incentives, and not trickling down the savings at all to the actual customer.

This is why i AVOID dtown la metro.
I'll let the Yuppies / Millineals who think money grows on tree's live there, because that's the only way one could stomach the ridiculous pricing.

And yes im talking about seriously ridiculous pricing...

It’s the owners of the facilities that dictate the charge price. We have them at work for $1.00 an hour. ChargePoint has a base price and anything above that is added by the facility.
Yes on the 1st point. As for base price, I'm not aware of any. All ChargePoint stations at my work are set to free but restricted to our employees only.

I've used ChargePoint L2 stations are two different Targets (San Mateo and Fremont). They're free for the 1st 2 hours then they start charging $. At the Fremont location, there are some other ChargePoint stations in the same parking lot that are only 1st hour free then cost $ after that.

I've used ChargePoint L2 stations at a county office numerous times and they were free and unrestricted.

Looks like you live at the Ritz Carlton Residences in downtown LA? By far, some of the worst chargers are nearby and on premise around LA Live. Not sure you have an alternative without making it inconvenient. A new station is supposedly being opened in downtown, but I can't imagine it being all that convenient either given the density in downtown alone. An EV just might've not been the right choice giving the living situation?

Good luck

If I could afford to live there, I wouldn't care what gas or electricity costs, Lol.

It looks like you’re letting your car idle after being full sometimes. 2 tips about that:

1) try not to do that, especially if there are other EVs in your apt/condo that could use the charging spot

2) Pro Tip for ChargePoint users: if you END the session from the chargepoint app, the station stops charging you from that point onward. Keep it under your hat, eh?

Reactions: cwerdna
It looks like you’re letting your car idle after being full sometimes. 2 tips about that:

1) try not to do that, especially if there are other EVs in your apt/condo that could use the charging spot

2) Pro Tip for ChargePoint users: if you END the session from the chargepoint app, the station stops charging you from that point onward. Keep it under your hat, eh?

I believe if theres a parking fee it will continue to charge even when you "end" it as it knows you are still connected. also note that some chargepoints are disabled from being ended through the app. The owner of the spot has an option to disable this option when they first set up the device.

Since it is a condo you could run a wire from your meter to your parking spot and pay regular rate. Just apply with the condo board first. There is even a nifty Canadian product to put in between that can cut the power to the car if case your apartment occasionally needs more amps as not to blow your main fuse.

Edit: All the tips about going somewhere else to charge sounds like crossing the river for water. Time for driving and wear on the battery might cost more than even your current charge point rate (depending on how you value your time and car depreciation of course)