Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confessions of a Model X driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the list.
I have done all of the above minus the A6 (or any other car).

The door button layout is dumb and so easy to fix. CribDeath's picture is already so much better. It needs a top view and FW buttons near the car for close and away from the car for open.

One extra item for the list: every time I pull the car out of the garage and open the FW doors, they open half way because the car is too close to the garage and it thinks it is still inside. Better than the opposite but still annoying and tough to show off the cool doors this way!

A lot of sneaky stuff…

- I hit 130mph on open road on I-280 and now I wish I have a needle to bury.

- My wife asked if I have sent the car to Classical Car Wash, I said yes but in fact I cleaned it myself with ONR whenever I am in the garage disguised by playing my new never-played gaming PC.

- I stopped wearing jeans but silky smooth clothing for the Ultra White interior. My mom asked my wife if I am changing.

All very recognizable
- I too open end front doors when wanting to op FWD
- I wash my car almost every other day

- I would add to that, many times coming into the garage finding a door open. Seems Fob is in pocket of tight trousers and presses buttons;
- bumping head numerous times on FWD when they did not open all the way or when I close the too soon due to Fob being in trousers;
- say goodnight every time I go to bed. Car response by opening eyes (lights on) and ears up (side mirrors open).

- I stopped wearing jeans but silky smooth clothing for the Ultra White interior. My mom asked my wife if I am changing.
Amazes me that my jeans tend to mess up every interior I've had in the last 10 years on any car. Prior to that what was the magic dust used to not let jeans stain leather?

Taking this note into account I guess I won't be getting a white interior, without seat covers lol. Vented seat covers, someone got to make those right? Or maybe I should start.

Dude -- how could you!?
Well.... I beat an S across an intersection in a 2000 toyota PU..Stunned! Until I realized the car was staying precisely in the middle of the white lines as it pulled into a left -turn lane. Looking at the driver, I saw he wasn't driving, but playing with a tablet.. My guess was it was a trial drive of auto drive. slowwww, but accurate.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Here's my midnight confessional - a Tesla Model X driver. ... you won't tell anyone, will you?
Standard disclaimer: I'm not sure if these are technically sins, but I do feel bad about them. Be right back...

Dear audience, forgive me:
• You know that rear rim I had scratched and repaired twice? .... I scratched it again
• I promised myself I’d wash the X tomorrow ... it's still tomorrow.
• I let an Audi A6 beat me 0-60 at a traffic light.
• Every time I aim for the falcon wing door buttons on the control panel, I hit the *front* door button because the front doors buttons are shown at the bottom (i.e. rear) of the car diagram
• I have closed the rear hatch on my head by hitting the Tesla FOB in my pocket accidentally more times than I have used the FOB rear hatch button intentionally
• I am still mad at the X for doing a great auto-park job ... into the wrong stall
• I went on my first road trip, back seat folded and stuffed to the gills. A week later, I remembered I have a &^$#%@#$ front trunk
• I am afraid to dial the music to 11
Washed my car properly (detailed), for the first time since I bought it yesterday. I picked it up 31st March!
I've never "let" anyone beat me off the lights, but a V8 pickup got the better of when I wasn't expecting it.
Key fob closing doors, yep
Scratched rim parking first day. Dented boot parking 5th day :(, no repair yet (I'm one of the Tesla fans that sold a kidney (and my kids kidneys), lied to my wife about how much the lease payments were etc to get the car. The damage will have to stay for a while!
Haven't been game to go to 11 either

• Disagree
Reactions: MelaniainLA
This is typical when tires are not balanced, have your tire balancing checked.
I notice a shudder in two situations, neither are at high speed,
Under full acceleration from standing start, sometimes accelerating out of a corner.
Just cruising -anywhere from 65 to 120 kph, Quite subtle and I don't really feel it through the steering wheel
Don't think it a wheel balancing as it doesn't show up under any other circumstances and I don't think they are related. Any ideas, or anyone else experienced similar?

Brilliant. I have all those (especially trunk closing on my head) and I offer a couple more.
- I have lost ID cards, business cards and a gift certificate by laying them flat on the sliding door on top of the center console. When I stop quickly, momentum slides them forward and they slide under the console, apparently joining all my missing socks from the dryer.
- I have to put the car in autopilot to press the screen a zillion times to find the date and day of the week
- I often ignore all three different on-screen warnings when my tire pressure is a little bit low
- I often take my eyes off the road to scroll through my Favorites menu in Navigation, since it can’t be sorted alphabetically or by distance
- I never use the analog clock because,well, why would I ever need to?
- sometimes, I accelerate on Ludicrous mode without warning, just to make my wife freak out ;)

I have had my Model X 100D for one week. My wife and I are a retired couple looking forward to driving around visiting friends and family. Was bringing my adult daughter home from a Karate class last night. Pulled up at a stoplight. 2 kids in a sports car came along side. Gunning their engine. Daughter says "these guys want to race you". I said just ignore them. Then the light turned GREEN! I couldn't help myself......it was like they were standing still! Time regression occurred....I actually flashed them a peace sign. Had to tell my wife because I knew my daughter would tell on me.

Forgive me audience!

Confessions:

Repaired curb rash 3 times already at $150 each.
Took a while, but I'm no longer embarrassed that I'm driving a car with 22" rims, a retracting spoiler, and falcon wing doors.
I have a panic attack whenever someone stands in the danger zone (that spot where one would naturally be standing just before entering one of the front doors, but happens to be right under the falcon wing door).

Confessions:

Repaired curb rash 3 times already at $150 each.
Took a while, but I'm no longer embarrassed that I'm driving a car with 22" rims, a retracting spoiler, and falcon wing doors.
I have a panic attack whenever someone stands in the danger zone (that spot where one would naturally be standing just before entering one of the front doors, but happens to be right under the falcon wing door).
:D lol!! i just bought a bottle of touch-up paint from @Tsportline and I touch up the wheels all the time. they get curbs and rocks are magnetically attracted to them..

next year i plan on doing the full set refinished in Gloss Black. :D ($500 for the whole set!)

Reactions: commasign