Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configuration to delivery in 3 days!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an awesome surprise from Tesla. 1 day after I configured my M3, and placed my order, I received an email "great news on your Model 3, give me a call". I did, and was informed that I could pick up my M3 in a couple of days. I'm picking it up tomorrow. All I can say is I didn't see that one coming since my order showed 6 weeks delivery. Anyone else experienced this turnaround?

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Got an awesome surprise from Tesla. 1 day after I configured my M3, and placed my order, I received an email "great news on your Model 3, give me a call". I did, and was informed that I could pick up my M3 in a couple of days. I'm picking it up tomorrow. All I can say is I didn't see that one coming since my order showed 6 weeks delivery. Anyone else experienced this turnaround?
Sonofa.... Been waiting 3 weeks for a VIN and still nothing... :mad:

Not to be a pessimist, but look it over carefully. If they had one that close by, it could be someone ahead of you wouldn’t accept delivery.

Great tip thank you!
I just noticed someone rated my post directed to you as “funny.” I definitely wasn’t trying to be funny nor was I trying to scare you away from your car. I got mine two weeks ago and it has been at the SC for a week awaiting parts to remedy a few fit and finish items. I will admit that excitement of delivery resulted in my missing some stuff until I got home. If I had just run my hands over all of the seams, I would have easily discovered the hood being somewhat sunken, a door not flush, the glass roof panel not flush and a scratch on the exterior shiny trim. Of course, Tesla will fix any such defects even the roof that is not flush, so whether or not I caught the items at delivery was largely irrelevant. My VIN was low enough that I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else rejected the car. But as you probably know as an owner, Tesla still hasn’t figured out how to deliver cars with perfect fit and finish. It’s annoying but to me not a reason to reject delivery. If I felt differently, I wouldn’t have bought an early VIN Model 3 or probably any Tesla.

A couple days ago I visited with a young man in Scottsdale driving a new 3 whose dad had taken delivery at about the same time I did. There was a visibly misaligned piece of bright work by a door and a very slight sunken hood only noticeable to the touch. But other than those two minor items their car looked perfect. If it was me I would get the bright work aligned but everyone has different standards of fussiness. As for the sunken hood issue that is very slight on his car and mine, I would probably opt to leave it alone if the fix means getting a new primed hood and having it painted locally. (If it instead stuck up a bit such that it was clearly noticeable, I would probably opt to have them fix it even if a new hood was the only solution.)

Enjoy your great new car!

• Informative
Reactions: bnsfengineer