Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Configure your Model 3 poll

What options do you want on your Model 3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good idea. I actually picked quite the mainstream features: large battery, unlimited supercharging, tech, dual motor, autopilot.

I misunderstood the instructions though - thought the quote below meant to "select only that button (and no others) if you want no options" - instead it obviously means "select this button if, and only if, you are getting no options". Was thinking you need a base car to put all the options on ;). I am afraid if others made the same mistake, we won´t know now many people want not options.

This will work best if you only select "Base Model with no options $35,000" if you are getting no options at all.

I don't know how much sub-zero package matters to you.. but I thought I would get it too until I saw Bjorn saying it's actually not that necessary as model S can be pre heated before actual departure time. I am pretty sure this will be the case for model 3 and not really sure if I would get it when the entire car can be pre-heated (probably using shore power).

Not trying to say it will be a waste of money, but something to think twice about :smile:

I thought the rear seat heaters would help reduce the need for using the car's ventilated heating during driving. That would be my primary motivation for the feature if I was buying a Model S. The wiper and washer defrosters are nice convenience.

Good idea. I actually picked quite the mainstream features: large battery, unlimited supercharging, tech, dual motor, autopilot.

I misunderstood the instructions though - thought the quote below meant to "select only that button (and no others) if you want no options" - instead it obviously means "select this button if, and only if, you are getting no options". Was thinking you need a base car to put all the options on ;). I am afraid if others made the same mistake, we won´t know now many people want not options.

That's OK. I just assumed everyone checked the $35,000 box and so if they checked no other options, they would would contribute just $35K to the average.

At 120 votes, the average total price is $51,000 and $58,000 at DaveT's higher pricing.

How about adding towing capability to Model 3 as an option? I don't expect it to tow 5K+ lbs. like has been discussed with the Model X, but towing a 1500lb trailer wouid be a nice addition (as long as it doesn't cause more than a 20% range loss).

If anything, possibly just an accessory tow hitch, like in the X - but we may need to wait until the Model Y. (It would take 1.25" receivers for bike/ski racks, etc.)

I bought a ski rack for my ICE, but I rarely use it as I prefer the fold-down seats due to the increased wind noise and fuel consumption with the ski rack. (And having to put it on/take it off regularly)

I don't know how much sub-zero package matters to you.. but I thought I would get it too until I saw Bjorn saying it's actually not that necessary as model S can be pre heated before actual departure time. I am pretty sure this will be the case for model 3 and not really sure if I would get it when the entire car can be pre-heated (probably using shore power).

Not trying to say it will be a waste of money, but something to think twice about :smile:

Have you driven an EV with heated steering wheel in sub-zero conditions? You want that option checked! 50W power draw and it makes you feel much warmer

Sorry. Deduct 1 from "Base with no options". :p

+ Subzero (see location!)
+ Supercharging (I think it'll be more than $1k)
+ Tech (Gift to self #1)
+ Autopilot (Gift to self #2)

That'll do for me as long as the base model doesn't have a "200 mile" shrunken battery. But if that's the case, I'd be priced out anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

Have you driven an EV with heated steering wheel in sub-zero conditions? You want that option checked! 50W power draw and it makes you feel much warmer

I drive with windows open to improve efficiency, so while commuting I'd be OK, but then there's all the driving with my wife.

I drive with windows open to improve efficiency, so while commuting I'd be OK, but then there's all the driving with my wife.

Was that sarcastic? I think you're far more efficient driving with the windows closed.

I agree with Juanmax. I would kill for a heated steering wheel. I'd also take heated seats before I'd take forced air heating. Hell, if it came with heated seats and a heated steering wheel, I'd take a $2000 discount to not have a heated cabin :)