Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connect and disconnect GSM using switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to remove the SIM of Model3 at first. but it seems to have a problem with reconnection.
so I want to use the switch to connect the GSM antenna when I want to.

I had no knowledge but fortunately I found these pictures with your help.
and I think I found the GSM antenna in Model3
I'm sorry, but who knows the connector specifications for that antenna? I want to work without cutting the cable.

I found an antenna connector like MCX/SMA, but I couldn't find the same one as my model3.
Is that a special connector that only Tesla uses?

thank you for your help

22222222.jpg

11111111.jpg

3333333.jpg

333333.jpg

connect.png

Attachments

• 19012_01.jpg
    19012_01.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 136
  • us mcu.jpg
    us mcu.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 45
  • us new mcu.jpg
    us new mcu.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 77
I want to remove the SIM of Model3 at first. but it seems to have a problem with reconnection.
so I want to use the switch to connect the GSM antenna when I want to.

I had no knowledge but fortunately I found these pictures with your help.
and I think I found the GSM antenna in Model3
I'm sorry, but who knows the connector specifications for that antenna? I want to work without cutting the cable.

I found an antenna connector like MCX/SMA, but I couldn't find the same one as my model3.
Is that a special connector that only Tesla uses?

thank you for your help

View attachment 514586
View attachment 514585

View attachment 514584

View attachment 514589

View attachment 514592
Why do you want to do this?

Reactions: garth_angst
Both sound like ways to make a stolen one harder to find...can't think of a ton of other reasons for this.
How about being in the middle of an acrimonious divorce and trying to keep the wife's attorney and private investigator from potentially tracking your car's frequent trips to see your mistress?

Or to keep the black helicopters/drones from harassing you because, like Chuck Barris, you blabbed about covertly working for the CIA (or MI6 in this case) while by day you were hosting a TV game show as cover?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Knightshade
How about being in the middle of an acrimonious divorce and trying to keep the wife's attorney and private investigator from potentially tracking your car's frequent trips to see your mistress?

Or to keep the black helicopters/drones from harassing you because, like Chuck Barris, you blabbed about covertly working for the CIA (or MI6 in this case) while by day you were hosting a TV game show as cover?

Save me!