TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Connecting to wifi

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Aviator, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Aviator

Aviator Member

Has anyone else had any issues connecting their MS to BT wifi at home? I've tried at both our houses (both running the latest BT Home Hub) and the car simply won't connect! I can see the networks, but when I enter the wifi password it tries then fails to connect.

Any magic tricks?

Thanks,
    Dom.

2. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

From memory I had problems with my (non BT) WiFi too. I put the password in ... nothing ... tried a few times, gave up ... then the next morning found that it had sorted itself out. Probably no help in your situation, as sounds like you've tried two locations presumably? over a somewhat prolonged period.

I presume you can park close enough to the WiFi to get a decent signal? I suppose if your phone gets WiFi signal where you park that would do as a test (I read that the Car has much stronger "latch" onto WiFi than phones, but that's a second-hand length-of-string anecdotal comment!!)

3. PaulusdB

PaulusdB Mayor Gnomus Vintage Limb

You should force your BT router to provide access to the car on a 2.4 GHz channel from 1 - 10, if possible.

4. markn455

markn455 Member

I never had any issues connecting with WiFi at home until about 2-3 weeks ago. Around the time I got the .100 update.

5. Buddy

Buddy Member

Unable to connect to my home wifi also.

Can some elaborate how to "force" - connection? I'm not familiar with this subject.