Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall+ won't connect to Wifi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My powerwall+ won't connect to wifi, although i always had no problem with it connecting to wifi before. Also when i try to search for available wifi network I used to see the TEG- network, now it is not available. I tried to reset by turning the power wall off and disconnect the breaker the back on again but with no luck. Any ideas how to get the TEG back?

My powerwall+ won't connect to wifi, although i always had no problem with it connecting to wifi before. Also when i try to search for available wifi network I used to see the TEG- network, now it is not available. I tried to reset by turning the power wall off and disconnect the breaker the back on again but with no luck. Any ideas how to get the TEG back?
I suggest calling Tesla solar support at 877-961-7652 and pressing option 2 for PW support. I had the same thing happen this past weekend and at first I tried the same steps as you. They walked me through several steps and in the end it was resetting the gateway that fixed the problem. Good luck and please let us know how it plays out.

There's a small hole in the Gateway labeled Reset. You'll need a long object (plastic ball-point pens work well) to push the reset button at the bottom of that hole. Hold the button for about 10 seconds and the Gateway will reboot.
My powerwall+ doesn't have gateway, only the battery and the inverter on top of it that has the gateway. So no reset button.

My powerwall+ doesn't have gateway, only the battery and the inverter on top of it that has the gateway. So no reset button.

The newer powerwall gateways are a smaller device on the wall which looks like a mini powerwall. Nevertheless, I would recommend you call Tesla Energy support and have them walk you through it, like @n.one.one suggested.

Reactions: BGbreeder
Reactions: n.one.one
I just found a page online that shows the reset process for both (along with pictures of gateway version 1 and 2). I have a gateway 1 but have seen pics of version 2.

That's exactly what support walked me through on my Gateway 2. FYI I used the eraser end of a pencil to push the reset button. I also had to connect to the TEG-x network while standing at the gateway. As a bonus I also had to re-pair my phone to the Powerwalls. That's a good doc you found and I've bookmarked it just in case.

There is also a good set of troubleshooting in the app now. Go to Support - > Get Help
This will take you through simple troubleshooting based on your hardware.

Sometimes people (including me) assume the person is asking about the same products that are on their own wall.

In this case, it looks like he has a backup switch, and I am not sure how to reset that as we don't install them yet.

This is my powerwall+ the inverter on the top is also the gateway, i dont have s separate gateway to press the reset button. And i used to have a wifi gateway signal starts with TEG- coming out of that, and now nothing.
1000008961.jpg

This is my powerwall+ the inverter on the top is also the gateway, i dont have s separate gateway to press the reset button. And i used to have a wifi gateway signal starts with TEG- coming out of that, and now nothing.
View attachment 950193
What did they tell you to do when you called the powerwall support line, as suggested a couple of times in this thread?

I suggest calling Tesla solar support at 877-961-7652 and pressing option 2 for PW support.

Reactions: jhn_

Looks like you have to remove a cover on the Backup Switch to access the reset button. That's unfortunate.

And also:
"Do not remove the conduit hub or operate the manual override switch unless directed to do so by Tesla Support, or in the event that the grid is present but you are experiencing an outage."

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I have the opposite issue, wifi is the only one that works as the gateway says both ethernet and cellular are configured but not connected. Funny thing is if I delete the wifi it still says internet and tesla communication is ok, so I wonder if it's a UI bug. I've reset the gateway with the reset button twice but I wonder if I need to power cycle it like the old gen 1's without a reset button. Probably best to wait till monday so I can chat with support in case stupid stuff.jpg