Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering upgrading to LR (from SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an SR+ as I wanted to spend less and they didn't have an SR+ to test drive. I wish that I would have gone for the LR AWD. Not only for the speed, but the sound system. I usually just drive around town so the extended range would have just been a bonus.

Two things to consider:

-- Range anxiety. Remember that for long-term battery health you are better keeping SoC between 20% and 80%. How many long trips will you make outside that range? How many where you will be worried about range? I'm told it gets cold in Canada (grins), and that can rob your car of a LOT of range.
-- Resale value. The M3 is still newish, but the sweet-spot for the resale market desirability seems to be LR AWD, so you might get more $$$ back when you sell the more expensive model.

Seems like resale value for LR AWD would be significantly better. But LR AWD is quite a bit heavier than SR+. Wouldn't it impact suspension negatively over time? Wouldn't the tires wear out faster due to excess weight?