Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console freezes when switching from radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got my model 3 two days ago and noticed today that when I switch from the radio to streaming on slacker (I select "Todays hits") the entire console freezes and becomes unresponsive and after a couple of seconds the music will also stop playing, the only way to fix it is by restarting the console. I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else and whether this is just a software bug that will be fixed later.

So I got my model 3 two days ago and noticed today that when I switch from the radio to streaming on slacker (I select "Todays hits") the entire console freezes and becomes unresponsive and after a couple of seconds the music will also stop playing, the only way to fix it is by restarting the console. I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else and whether this is just a software bug that will be fixed later.

Sounds like you guys need a few service calls/visits. It doesn't happen to me. I just tried it.

Same here. Only since the last update to 2018.48.121.d6999f5. It happened twice today when I switched from radio to streaming. When it happens the speedometer freezes too, have no backup camera or parking radar. If I wait it out it ends with a console reboot, in about two minutes.

Did anyone get a bit of advice from Support? It's impossible to wait them out on the phone.