TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Console freezes when switching from radio

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RC2785, Dec 27, 2018.

1. RC2785

RC2785 Member

So I got my model 3 two days ago and noticed today that when I switch from the radio to streaming on slacker (I select "Todays hits") the entire console freezes and becomes unresponsive and after a couple of seconds the music will also stop playing, the only way to fix it is by restarting the console. I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else and whether this is just a software bug that will be fixed later.

2. RC2785

RC2785 Member

I forgot to mention, I'm on software version 48.12.1

3. mptpro

mptpro Member

Happened to me today too

4. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

Sounds like you guys need a few service calls/visits. It doesn't happen to me. I just tried it.

5. IslandCityEV

IslandCityEV Member

Happened to me today. Let me know what they say. Thanks!

6. joelliot

joelliot Member

Any chance you are using your own Slacker account or are you using the built in Tesla? Had this issue after and update and found I had been logged out of my account. It took a couple of tries, but after logging back in my freezes seemed to have stoped.

• Informative x 1
  7. MidwestM3P

MidwestM3P Member

I had this happen to me the other day also. After the console restarted while driving (a bit unsettling) I had to tell it to log in through Tesla and it seems fine since then.

• Informative x 1
  8. ggabe741

ggabe741 New Member

Same here. Only since the last update to 2018.48.121.d6999f5. It happened twice today when I switched from radio to streaming. When it happens the speedometer freezes too, have no backup camera or parking radar. If I wait it out it ends with a console reboot, in about two minutes.

Did anyone get a bit of advice from Support? It's impossible to wait them out on the phone.