Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumer Truck Drivers - Cut Off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice when you got your Model 3 you were getting cut off by truck drivers a lot? I live in Texas so it could be part of it and only had my Tesla a couple of weeks. It just seems like everyday joe truck drivers like to cut off my car. It scares the heck out of me cause I still have paper plates and don't feel like getting into a wreck. Wasn't sure if FORD / GMC / Chevy Truck peeps had a problem with Teslas or not.

Thanks

I've lived in Texas all my life, and the pickup truck drivers have done that to me for as long as I can remember, no matter what I'm driving. I've had Toyota, Acura, and Audi before I got the Teslas (all 4-door sedans) and it just didn't matter.

Once they've jacked their 4x4 up to the sky they think they're invincible and the traffic laws don't apply to them. Just give them a wide berth.

On a related note, I had a Ford F-150 Raptor road rage me for about 15 miles on the Westpark Tollway last week. Got some great dashcam video of the d-bag, I'll post it in a new thread here once I edit it.

I believe I've seen people turn their footage of road rage into the police for handling.

After the tailgating, colorful hand gestures, and visible yelling from inside the cab, he threw a half-full can of soda at my window and hit it pretty hard. If he had damaged my car I would have turned him in, but I examined the car thoroughly and there was no damage. He was just an amped-up d-bag with an axe to grind. No point in reporting it, as police would have concluded that since no crime was actually committed, they wouldn't do anything.

But I'll be happy to embarrass him all over this forum and YouTube. :D

After the tailgating, colorful hand gestures, and visible yelling from inside the cab, he threw a half-full can of soda at my window and hit it pretty hard. If he had damaged my car I would have turned him in, but I examined the car thoroughly and there was no damage. He was just an amped-up d-bag with an axe to grind. No point in reporting it, as police would have concluded that since no crime was actually committed, they wouldn't do anything.

I'm pretty sure throwing objects from a vehicle at another vehicle is a crime. This ain't Mario Kart.

If it was just tailgating and cutting you off then I wouldn't have bothered reporting them to the police either. But once objects start getting thrown I would have not hesitated with reporting them.

I'm pretty sure throwing objects from a vehicle at another vehicle is a crime. This ain't Mario Kart.

If it was just tailgating and cutting you off then I wouldn't have bothered reporting them to the police either. But once objects start getting thrown I would have not hesitated with reporting them.

If nothing else, they could fine him for littering which if I'm not mistaken is up to $500 for a first offense in Texas. If he's a repeat offender it can be up to $2000.

Anything thrown at you is assault and endangering others on a public highway. What if it had hit you and caused an accident causing death? Report this d-bag and publically shame him online.

Reactions: swaltner

Worst case that's littering. Throwing a can at somebody's car is definitely not legal.

That isn't completely fair to rednecks, I know plenty of "rednecks" who are good people and aren't stupid or even uneducated. Plus it's too specific. I'd rephrase to "Willfully ignorant people hate anyone that isn't willfully ignorant."
They aren't rednecks then. (IMO)