Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumption Data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our model Y seems to consume a lot, more than our old model 3 in the cold. Temps have been averaging around the freezing mark, and yet our model 3 is beating our model Y by a wide margin. The model 3 is averaging 210W/km (336W/m), while our model Y around 250W/km (400W/m). This seems odd given the heat pump. Anyone else been observing their consumption for comparison sake?

250 Wh/km (400 Wh/mi) is a lot. I'm getting 250 wh/mi in city>hwy mix at 40 degree temperatures. Check your short and long range consumption graphs, maybe there's a pattern where most of the peak use is. Rain, rough asphalt, colder weather I've noticed increase consumption. Aero covers seem to drop roughly 10-30 wh/mi at equivalent highway speeds.

Some recent stats: 50 miles at 240 Wh/mi.

I'm always impressed with the MY efficiency, especially when going up mountains and dissipating >900 Wh/mi for miles. The instant throttle response and incredible passing power even when at 50-60% SOC is a complete game changer for the driving I like to do.

MY_Ferrari_Saratoga.jpg

The weather has been ridiculously warm here in the Bay Area and I used my AC yesterday.