Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Contractors who use the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C838AD4E-849A-4171-98E9-133F0F94AA6B.jpeg
B61FA5EE-3F5C-4697-AF9B-F5AE6410F6E2.jpeg
C838AD4E-849A-4171-98E9-133F0F94AA6B.jpeg
I’m curious to know if anyone of you are contractors and are using the model 3 for work. I sure am and it’s blowing peoples minds. Did you know with the seats folded down you can fit ladders, empty pallets etc. I use my car daily for my needs as a contractor delivery materials to sites while not spending a dime on fuel and it’s saving me a fortune. 13,500 km since March 2020

Attachments

• 4B27625B-0998-4C4C-8D4B-302412AE98F7.jpeg
    4B27625B-0998-4C4C-8D4B-302412AE98F7.jpeg
    468.4 KB · Views: 115
Holy cow what do you do with all those tools when someone moves out? Really involved repairs?
2 lights = more light for painting
Fan = help stay cool
Vacuum = clean up dust from installing new hardware on kitchen cabinets
Tool box cases in the back = Drills & various bits for installing kitchen hardware/putting back on electrical outlet covers after painting/various things here and there.

That isn't even all my tools, just the tools I needed for the jobs.

The place we just finished up got fully repainted, including interior doors, new flooring in the kitchen/front door landing area, new counter tops/sink in kitchen, painted the brown cabinets white, painted vent hood white, new hardware, new blinds, and just random things here and there.

Here's a pic of the re-done kitchen, I wish I took a before pic, but it was dated. We didn't do new appliances because, well it's a rental, and they work and no point putting in new/nice stuff.

Kitchen.JPG

I’m curious to know if anyone of you are contractors and are using the model 3 for work. I sure am and it’s blowing peoples minds. Did you know with the seats folded down you can fit ladders, empty pallets etc. I use my car daily for my needs as a contractor delivery materials to sites while not spending a dime on fuel and it’s saving me a fortune. 13,500 km since March 2020

What wheels are those? They look great with the red paint

When I get a Model S it would depend on the job I'm doing. I'm not putting a Tile saw or 5 gallon paint buckets that I have opened in the vehicle even with putting plastic down Trash from the job site will not go in my Tesla either.

So many ways to solve that problem. I use totes, trash bags etc. But in your line of work you likely have way dirty equipment, as for a tile saw I would not be putting that in there either.

I use my car daily for my needs as a contractor delivery materials to sites while not spending a dime on fuel and it’s saving me a fortune. 13,500 km since March 2020

But where do you get your electricity from? Superchargers are not cheap. Ends up being around the price of a hybrid per mile. I haven’t found a way to get cheap electricity. Still paying about $0.21 a kw in so cal. Superchargers is $0.32 kw. Which is more to run than the Prius.

But where do you get your electricity from? Superchargers are not cheap. Ends up being around the price of a hybrid per mile. I haven’t found a way to get cheap electricity. Still paying about $0.21 a kw in so cal. Superchargers is $0.32 kw. Which is more to run than the Prius.
I charge at home,32amp. Only used a supercharger maybe 3 to 4 times, even then the cost for a full charge is $7 to $10 cheaper than gas by a long shot
electricity in Vancouver, Canada is the cheapest in North America. My electric bill has gone up roughly $80 to $100 also, I do not sit in traffic, unless an accident has happened. No way you would ever catch me in a Prius, I’ve had a Honda hybrid, of did well, but had zero storage. You still have to put fuel in them.

Reactions: ebmcs03
wow surprised. spec wise, the CT is even better than the model Y for range, speed, "6" seater. I mean, I personally won't be buying it and sticking with my 3 until I hit at least 300k miles
I’ll drive the 3 till it dies. I own a truck ⛽️ use it when needed, very little. I wanted a smaller vehicle for parking, which downtown or anywhere in Vancouver can be hell!! I was able to rethink my business and now the car works perfect and I get to drive what I consider a Ferrari as a work vehicle daily.