Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convergentpower.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mpt

Electrics are back
Supporting Member
I don't know where these guys got my email address from but, do we know these guys? They seem familiar.

Dear Michael,

I'm writing to introduce Convergent Power, Inc., a company formed to manufacture electric motors and generators for use in the industrial, transportation, water/waste, and electric power markets.

The Company has developed a Synchronous Reluctance Motor which employs a geometrically modified rotor that recaptures normally wasted energy and applies it to the production of work. The rotor geometry, in combination with a modified magnetic circuit, enables the motor to convert electrical current into mechanical torque while reducing the amount of back-EMF produced, demonstrating that back-EMF can be managed in the same way as eddy current and hysteresis losses, as it is in fact a parasitic parameter. Consequently, the motor operates at lower source voltages, substantially reducing the amount of power required to produce a given horsepower compared to conventional machines.

The motor operates as follows: A reluctance torque is created while maintaining a constant air gap, thereby reducing the armature reaction produced by conventional geometries. This is made possible by the fact that most of the magnetic potential created in a gapped magnetic circuit establishes itself within the air gaps, and as long as the gap dimensions do not change in time, back-EMF is minimized, allowing the creation of a torque that is proportional to the square of the flux, and the rate of change of reluctance with respect to the change in time. Then, by resonating the inductive reactance in the windings, the motor is operated at lower source voltages relative to a given output than conventional motors.

The Company’s generators employ similar design principles to produce output currents while reducing back-torque. As result the generator requires a smaller prime mover, and consequently requires less fuel to produce a given output than conventional generators.

After eight years of internally financed product development, we are offering shares in the company in order to capitalize operations. If you would like to learn more, we would be happy to forward a powerpoint and related documentation, as well as answer any questions you may have.

Thank you in advance.

Chris Daniel
T: 310.562.9308
[email protected]
www.convergentpower.com

I seem to remember seeing one of those advertisements telling about their great generator and if you pay them money they'll tell you how to build one yourself to get all of this power. If it really works like they say, they would have already built one and started making gobs of money off of it since it would be cheaper to operate than all of the competition. But as you can see, they are simply asking for money from people.

I also like the one about Tesla's secret free energy and if you send them $50 they'll tell you how to make it. Ok, if I know how to make a generator that will produce energy for ever, why would I tell someone else how to make it? I would build it in CA and start selling power and make a fortune. In other words
the_economic_argument.png

PULSED MULTI-ROTOR CONSTANT AIR GAP SWITCHED RELUCTANCE MOTOR - CONVERGENT POWER, INC.

Patent WO/2009/149251A1

http://www.sgvexaminer.com/images/B%20Aug%2021%20-%2027%2008.pdf
FICTITIOUS NAME STATEMENT 2008-1335521
The following person(s) are doing business as: CONVERGENT POWER, INC , 1739 S. Corning St., Los Angeles, CA 90035.
The full name of registrant(s) is/are: Convergent Power, Inc, 1739 S. Corning St., Los Angeles, CA 90035.
This business is conducted by a corporation. I declare that all information in this statement is true and correct.
(A registrant who declares as true information which he or she knows to be false is guilty of a crime.)
Signed: Chris Daniel, President & CEO.
Have you started doing business?: Yes, 11-07-08.
This statement was filed with the County Clerk of Los Angeles County on (Date) July 25, 2008.

By the way, the business address appears to be a house.

That's what I was thinking - it's the motor that makes more power than it uses nonsense.

Nowhere in the letter does it make any such claims (of making more power than it uses). He only claims to have a more efficient motor/generator. While I agree the letter does little to steer the reader towards any credible evidence that it works, trying instead to convince you of something by repeating a lot of semi-disjointed technical jargon, you should at least not accuse him of saying things he didn't.

I'm surprised it's worthwhile to mail such a letter. I can't imagine any of the VC people I know spending more than 5 seconds on it.

I can't imagine any of the VC people I know spending more than 5 seconds on it.

Let's assume for the moment that the technology works - it improves the efficiency of an electric motor. We're talking about taking something that already has >90% efficiency and making it a little bit better. If it's only slightly more expensive than a conventional motor the payback time will still be a very, very long time. I don't see a business case.

I'm not sure if that was the one I was thinking of, I just get these emails every now and then talking nonsense. The tone is a lot like his letter. They are usually accompanied by videos and they ask you to send $50 or something so you can learn how to build one for yourself giving you unlimited free power or some garbage like that. They are always laughable when you get to the details of them.