Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Converted Ferrari Fan Seeks Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have just joined the forum and should introduce myself. Until about four weeks ago I had lived the life of a V-8 loving, wide tired, high performance petrol head. This culminated in me buying a 360 Ferrari couple of years ago which I have subsequently sold. My plan was to buy a Ferrari 458 next 12 months. However, fate would have it otherwise; I visited a mate of mine in Melbourne (also a high performance car enthusiast) who had recently purchased a P85D. After I drove his car, I could not stop thinking about its performance, its benefits, the mind blowing technology and environmental considerations. Suddenly loud petrol engines and screaming tires no longer equated to high-performance - a paradigm shift that I am still fighting to get my head around.

Long story short, from that drive I have been fully converted and obsessed with what Tesla is doing. On Friday I pulled the trigger on a P90D - yes I added the Ludicrous upgrade :)

I'm in Brisbane and I would like to have the car fitted with a clear bra/stone chip protection. Does anyone know of a competent and well priced place where I could get this done? From the experience of my other cars prices vary from as low as $700 up to $2500 (which I was quoted for my Ferrari) - I went with the $700 option and it was a very good job; however that was in Sydney. I'm now in Brisbane and would like to seek your advice/guidance on where I should go.

Looking forward to e-meeting and personally meeting other Tesla owners in the future.

Regards Vegas

Hi, I have just joined the forum and should introduce myself. Until about four weeks ago I had lived the life of a V-8 loving, wide tired, high performance petrol head. This culminated in me buying a 360 Ferrari couple of years ago which I have subsequently sold. My plan was to buy a Ferrari 458 next 12 months. However, fate would have it otherwise; I visited a mate of mine in Melbourne (also a high performance car enthusiast) who had recently purchased a P85D. After I drove his car, I could not stop thinking about its performance, its benefits, the mind blowing technology and environmental considerations. Suddenly loud petrol engines and screaming tires no longer equated to high-performance - a paradigm shift that I am still fighting to get my head around.

Long story short, from that drive I have been fully converted and obsessed with what Tesla is doing. On Friday I pulled the trigger on a P90D - yes I added the Ludicrous upgrade :)

I'm in Brisbane and I would like to have the car fitted with a clear bra/stone chip protection. Does anyone know of a competent and well priced place where I could get this done? From the experience of my other cars prices vary from as low as $700 up to $2500 (which I was quoted for my Ferrari) - I went with the $700 option and it was a very good job; however that was in Sydney. I'm now in Brisbane and would like to seek your advice/guidance on where I should go.

Looking forward to e-meeting and personally meeting other Tesla owners in the future.

Regards Vegas

Get it done in Sydney? It is free to drive down there with the Superchargers which should have linked Sydney-Brisvegas by the time your car is delivered, although I am sure you can find somewhere in Brisbane. I too have been in some very fast cars but a Tesla is an entirely different beast. The whole ethos....the sheer power, instantaneous torque, 'refilling' in your garage, the silence, the technology, the lack of fumes......and never ever having to fill up again. I cannot wait to own mine, my wife asks every week when I am going to buy it....she loves the environmental benefits and safety features. Every few weeks you see an accident that some idiot has tried to obliterate themselves and have practically torn the car apart and I look at and say 'they walked away from that!!!' Just a different in soo many ways to ICE cars.

Reactions: SΞXY P100D
Hi Vegas - you made the right decision for sure. I got mine wrapped by http://www.ozicozi.com.au in Artarmon about 5 mins away from Tesla (who took it there and brought it back for me). They used Stoneguard and so far at 19,000 kms mainly highway driving not one chip. Nobody realises its wrapped unless I mention it. Couldn't recommend them more. Cost around $3,500 and in my opinion was worth every cent. They also tinted my windows and put some type of coating on my windscreen which keeps it much cleaner.

Reactions: 808?
I'm in Brisbane and I would like to have the car fitted with a clear bra/stone chip protection.

I am also a "converted Ferrari fan" - actually I'm still a Ferrari fan - and I have a clear "bra" on my California which was highly recommended by the dealership at the time of purchase. But Ferraris are much lower to the ground than Teslas, with a more exposed bonnet. I don't know how necessary this is in a sedan-style car such as a Tesla. I had never added such a thing to any of my previous cars and I don't feel it's necessary on my Model S. But then I don't have any stone chips on it yet and if should get one then I might form a different view;). In any case, welcome to Tesla, Vegas! I hope you enjoy the ride! :)