Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Corded Mobile Connector Button Not Opening Charge Port Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Corded Mobile Connector was available for a short time a few days ago and I was able to get ahold of one. However, the button on the plug will not open the charge port door. So far, I've been just tapping the door and it opens fine. Is there something I can do to allow this to work? Pressing the reset button didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Are you close to the charge port door when you press the button on the corded mobile connector? Also, if the car is sleeping you may need to press the button a couple times before the car wakes up and opens the door.

Are you close to the charge port door when you press the button on the corded mobile connector? Also, if the car is sleeping you may need to press the button a couple times before the car wakes up and opens the door.
Yes, I'm right there by the door. I'm thinking it's fully awake but I will make sure and try it. Thanks for the idea.

Update: I'm thinking this is a not fully awake condition. I just returned from driving it and the button opened it right up. It seems to behave differently from the Mobile Connector that came with the car which always opened the door.

Reactions: Mike_TV
Update: I'm thinking this is a not fully awake condition. I just returned from driving it and the button opened it right up. It seems to behave differently from the Mobile Connector that came with the car which always opened the door.
I had a similar issue. Sometimes the button opened it, sometimes it didn't. Couldn't figure out why. Tesla mobile service came out and tested it with me and he also thought something was off. Changed to another mobile connector and same issue. He finally swapped out the entire charge port and now it works flawlessly. Whole visit probably took no more than 30 minutes.

I had the same thought as you, that it wasn't a big deal. But I want the car to be working the way its intended.

Reactions: ValenciaUSC
few things to try that I found useful when I had this issue even right after driving the door wouldn't open unless i pushed it.

1. Don't just push and release the button, but push and hold (longer duration push) instead of repeated button pressing. This works well if the car is sleeping.
2. Aim for the lower portion of the cover.
3. The charger might be out of "sync". Unplug the unit and leave it unplugged for 30 mins (maybe less but i just left the unit unplugged for 30 mins)

Now my charger operates like it should.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and 804son