Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus - gas pumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are Bentleys still gas powered? I thought it would make sense for a car like Bentley to go electric since you would want the smoothest ride possible. I thought it be logical for every full on luxury vehicle to be electric, why work so hard to make the smoothest gas engine when an EV motor has no vibration?

I remember some old Lexus commercials revving an engine with wine glasses stacked on the hood. My parents had old Lexus LS from the 90s, then bought me a 2006 Lexus GS430, and I thought that was the smoothest car I've driven. Then Tesla came along and I think Tesla is the best car for smoothness, but still has insane torque like a slot car.

Out local Costco has a guy, stationed at the entrance. He wipes every cart handle coming in with a wet disinfectant towel.
Half of the job is done then. Droplets also land on the crate part (metal mesh). After you put some bananas and cheerios on that metal mesh that is also contaminated.

gasoline can be used as hand sanitizer
yea but electricity can sanitize the whole body leaving Corona no chance to be first :rolleyes:

Out local Costco has a guy, stationed at the entrance. He wipes every cart handle coming in with a wet disinfectant towel.

so wet disinfectant towels usually need the item to be continuously wet for a few minutes for the wipes to kill the 99.99% germs. i read the back of the the clorox wipes jug and there it is >_<

1. Remove visible soil.
  2. Wipe surface to be disinfected.
  3. Use enough wipes for treated surface to remain visibly wet for 4 minutes.
  4. Let surface dry.
i dont think those carts are properly disinfected :eek:

so wet disinfectant towels usually need the item to be continuously wet for a few minutes for the wipes to kill the 99.99% germs. i read the back of the the clorox wipes jug and there it is >_<

1. Remove visible soil.
  2. Wipe surface to be disinfected.
  3. Use enough wipes for treated surface to remain visibly wet for 4 minutes.
  4. Let surface dry.
i dont think those carts are properly disinfected :eek:
The carts are not disinfected, just sanitized.

Virus is not a germ. You can't kill it.
Imagine it is a ball of oil or fat with instructions inside.
As soon as it touches alcohol or soapy water that ball gets damaged.
Even if it is not destroyed it will be crippled (those receptors are ruined).
So any smooth surface will be "purged" fast.
Hands require 20-30 seconds as there is a lot of oily residue that protects
"a drop of fat" inside that residue.

Masks can be "purged" also, but as they are not smooth, penetration might take some time.

Why are Bentleys still gas powered? I thought it would make sense for a car like Bentley to go electric since you would want the smoothest ride possible. I thought it be logical for every full on luxury vehicle to be electric, why work so hard to make the smoothest gas engine when an EV motor has no vibration?

I remember some old Lexus commercials revving an engine with wine glasses stacked on the hood. My parents had old Lexus LS from the 90s, then bought me a 2006 Lexus GS430, and I thought that was the smoothest car I've driven. Then Tesla came along and I think Tesla is the best car for smoothness, but still has insane torque like a slot car.

My tesla is also the loudest car I've ever owned on the highway.

• Funny
Reactions: XLR82XS