Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus pandemic drives up gun payments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P.S. Just realized. BoR = Bill of Rights.

The second amendment was about a well-regulated militia, which is a complete anachronism two and a half centuries later, when "arms" no longer means smooth-bore muzzle-loading muskets with black powder and lead ball. You find me a well-regulated militia, and I'll support their right to own weapons suitable to their function. There are no well-regulated militia in America today.

There are responsible gun owners whose right to own guns has not been infringed, and whose guns nobody is trying to take away. And there are extremist nut-jobs who want to have a civil war to overthrow the government or to drive out whichever racial minority they regard themselves as superior to. And there are mentally unstable people who go over the deep end and murder members of their own family. And there are even some garden-variety criminals who want a gun so they can rob people. Restrictions on gun sales, though imperfect because nothing is perfect, are intended to weed out the criminals and nut jobs from the responsible people who, by and large, have no problem with such laws.

I stand by everything I posted.

Oh, come on. Get real! Sure, you can kill somebody with a knife. But it's an awful lot harder. And takes a lot of training, which very few people have. And when someone goes off the deep end and decides to murder a family member, gun owners are successful much more of the time than people who've got nothing worse than a kitchen knife.

BoR? I don't know what that is. But your ad hominem argument does not impress me. Nor does your accusation that I'm not expressing my actual opinions. Nor does your straw man argument that people who want safeguards on gun purchases really just want to take away all your guns.

I know a lot of gun owners. They're all responsible, and they all agree with laws that make it harder to buy guns. (Caveat: I should have put that in the past tense: I knew a lot of gun owners, all responsible, where I used to live. Where I live now many fewer of my friends have guns. There's just not much hunting here as there was in other places I've lived.)

Your imaginary friends seemed to have misinformed you. There are very tight restrictions on firearms in 2020, and Hawaii is not an exception. Pretend to go buy one and find out. Kind of draconian compared to the USA you grew up in.

Just to give you all a head's up, they are emptying the prisons in California. Here this a pic taken 1h ago two miles from my house. This parking lot is normally filled to capacity with guards on Sunday.
This is happening all over the country.

View attachment 533943

awesome !!! We lock up way to many people that are not dangerous to others. I’m sure they are not freeing serial killers.

And I bet there wouldn’t be so many prisoners in the first place if not for the loosey goosey gun laws.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: daniel
Your imaginary friends seemed to have misinformed you. There are very tight restrictions on firearms in 2020, and Hawaii is not an exception. Pretend to go buy one and find out. Kind of draconian compared to the USA you grew up in.

You live in California, which is a forward-thinking state that has pretty good gun laws. Hawai'i, as you mention, is another. Not every state is so sensible, and we have unrestricted freedom of movement between states.

And calling me a liar (by asserting that the friends I mention do not exist) just makes you look bad.

You live in California, which is a forward-thinking state that has pretty good gun laws. Hawai'i, as you mention, is another. Not every state is so sensible, and we have unrestricted freedom of movement between states.

And calling me a liar (by asserting that the friends I mention do not exist) just makes you look bad.

Obviously you've never lived in California recently. They are nerfing our solar, our EVs, our schools, our roads, our environment, and has insanely silly gun laws. You can't give a firearm of any kind to your wife. Seriously, it's illegal. An AR-15 style rifle is cheaper than most pistols and easier to buy, but we invented the assault rifle ban. Our businesses are leaving the state. You get a tax break for your racing horses and movie production, and many other nice tax breaks for the rich. The cost to be working class poor to middle class in California is perhaps the highest in the US. Most can't afford our toll roads which are often called The King's Highway.

Hawaii requires that you buy an annual permit to be allowed to purchase firearms. It can take a very long time to actually make a purchase in Hawaii. There is no guarantee they won't refuse renewals. This is basically how the anti-marijuana fed law works. You need a sticker to sell dope. They don't issue stickers. Voila. A 20 year old army infantry soldier in Hawaii can't buy a .22 rifle for pest control.

I'm saying your friends who claim to be gun buyers are deceiving you or do not exist. There is no third option. it is not easy to buy a gun in your state, but you are unaware.

That's OK. But don't try to come off as an expert in gun laws when you have no actual idea what is currently in place. You might not even be eligible in your state to have a 2nd amendment right. You might be classified as a virtual felon.

In the long run, I will never see eye to eye with people who believe we had too many civil rights in the past and they are desperately in need of removal.

It's not just firearms. Firearm removal is just a symptom of a larger disease that is infecting our society. The First Amendment will be the second to fall, it's already crumbling around us right now as we watch. And we are begging for it to be removed.

In the long run, I will never see eye to eye with people who believe we had too many civil rights in the past and they are desperately in need of removal.

It's not just firearms. Firearm removal is just a symptom of a larger disease that is infecting our society. The First Amendment will be the second to fall, it's already crumbling around us right now as we watch. And we are begging for it to be removed.
I agree, people are really pushing to shut down that "fake news". Is that what you had in mind?

I'm saying your friends who claim to be gun buyers are deceiving you or do not exist.

Perhaps you didn't read my post. In too much of a hurry to reply to actually read what I wrote, maybe?

I didn't say my friends were gun buyers. I said they are gun owners. They are people who own guns. Mostly for hunting, but some also enjoyed target shooting. All of them agreed that it's too easy for loonies to get hold of guns.

This was not California, though. You are right that I have not lived in CA recently. Not sure why you choose to live there if you hate it so much. I generally move to a place I want to live, and when I change my mind about wanting to live there (usually because I change as I get older, and my preferences change) then I move somewhere else. Where I am now suits me quite well. If it didn't I wouldn't stay.

(Obviously, relocating now might be difficult, but up until a few months ago there were no obstructions to travel, and once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 we'll be able to travel again.)

... Firearm removal is just a symptom of a larger disease that is infecting our society. ...

Nobody is removing firearms. Nobody in either party is advocating the removal of firearms. There are more guns in American hands now than ever before and sales continue unabated.

The peculiar claim that "they" are taking your guns away is patently, ridiculously false. And the claims that "they" want to take your guns away is just as ridiculous. The number of people who actually want to take your guns away is such a minuscule minority as to be politically insignificant. Such people exist, but they have zero political power or influence.

Reactions: EVDRVN
Obviously you've never lived in California recently. They are nerfing our solar, our EVs, our schools, our roads, our environment, and has insanely silly gun laws. You can't give a firearm of any kind to your wife. Seriously, it's illegal. An AR-15 style rifle is cheaper than most pistols and easier to buy, but we invented the assault rifle ban. Our businesses are leaving the state. You get a tax break for your racing horses ........

I can get a tax break for my racing horses?

I would like to be able to buy this however and it's just stupid you can't in CA,

Gun Review: Henry Lever Action Axe .410 - The Truth About Guns

I believe in responsible gun control and are you saying you can't transfer ownership of your gun to your wife?