Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly does this have to do with the post you responded to? And how does this response, which has nothing to do with the post it responds to, get 3 likes and 3 loves? Just more evidence that thing thread has gone off the rails.

I may have picked the wrong post to respond to, but you had made an earlier comment about the herd immunity strategy being viable. I was pointing out some of the ways in which it is not viable. You still have not admitted to any of the points made in that post by me as valid concerns. So once again golfcart you seem to be focusing all the minutiae and missing the big picture, badly. As for what's quote-unquote going off the rails, that might better characterize our Administration response to the covid-19 pandemic. It's been off the rails for a long time. And you again don't seem to be able to see that.

Ozarks public health workers feel 'hated' in Covid-19 spike - CNN Video - video is about 3.5 minutes long
Covid-19 is on the rise in rural America. CNN's Elle Reeve visits Carter County, Missouri, to speak with public health officials who have become unlikely villains to the town's residents
Morons! Seems like the most of the residents in that region are anti-maskers Gee... I wonder why their test positivity rate is past 30%?

Ozarks public health workers feel 'hated' in Covid-19 spike - CNN Video - video is about 3.5 minutes long

Morons! Seems like the most of the residents in that region are anti-maskers Gee... I wonder why their test positivity rate is past 30%?

I think you mean MORANS!
morans.png
your lives don't matter.png

Part of the why?

1996 Inefficiency of upward displacement operating theatre ventilation - PubMed

' In general the upward displacement system removed dust particles too small to carry bacteria (0.16-<0.3 microm, 0.001<P<0.01) more efficiently than the conventional system. However, the displacement system also yielded two to threefold higher air and surface bacterial counts in areas important for surgical asepsis (wound area, instrument table) especially with regard to bacterial sedimentation (0.001<P<0.05). The major shortcoming of the displacement system was insufficient elimination of the larger bacteria-carrying particles.'

It seems our hospitals are optimised to reduce bacterial and larger droplet infection compared to dehydrated and aerosolised viral infection.

So although dilution is the solution, its not that simple in hospitals.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33
Role of air distribution in SARS transmission during the largest nosocomial outbreak in Hong Kong

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1600-0668.2004.00317.x

I'm starting to consider that the difference between the EU/USA response compared to the "chopstick" sino sphere of Taiwan down to including Australia, is that the EU/USA is using lessons learnt from AIDS in the 80's 90's and ASEAN is using lessons leanrt from SARS 2004.

(To be precise, i use the term chopstick to exclude the cultures of Indonesia, malaysia, philipines etc. But to include vietnam and thailand ( even though thai is spoon and fork, not chopstick)

Second wave of SARS-CoV2 caused by more transmissible/infectious strain:

https://mbio.asm.org/content/11/6/e02707-20
You can see from their graph that the first wave was also caused by the more infectious G614 strain. The original D614 strain from China just completely disappeared in the second wave. The G614 which originated in Europe has been the dominant strain since March. There is some evidence that there is a new new straining Europe that may be more infectious.
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 7.10.40 AM.png

No, time to start blaming the problem on the *real* culprit: the US senate.
Luckily for the next Senate cases will probably be on the downswing by January 3rd. It's a fact that in the real world exponential growth cannot increase forever. As the wise Elon said:
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 1.21.06 PM.png

Herd immunity (we're going for it!), behavioral changes due to massive disease burden, and warmer weather should bring us to near zero cases by the end of April. Hopefully a vaccine will knock out the wave coming next fall.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 1.24.44 PM.png