Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost comparison for EV chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with 247EV (just because their phone number is nearer to me). They have informed the DNO and expect an upgrade from my current 60amp to 80/100amp. 247EV are due to install me on 24th Feb - I pay them £679 - they get the grant.
Local installers that have a phone you can reach to really helps. I believe DNO approvals are taking time as my installation via Scottish Power is on hold and neither they answer my phone or their installer provided any contact number to check whats going on.

I went with 247EV (just because their phone number is nearer to me). They have informed the DNO and expect an upgrade from my current 60amp to 80/100amp. 247EV are due to install me on 24th Feb - I pay them £679 - they get the grant.
I called a franchised ev charging installer company and they said they can do the installation retrofitting the whole 60 amp upgrade or something and informing DPO along the way, hence no need to bring DPO as a prerequisite, not sure what to make of that, they come over in a few days to start...

I went through evolution solutions and have paid £529 with the grant for the pulsar.
Can get additional £25 off for people I refer (not promoting).

They seem to have few slots left before the grant finishes, but I'm still waiting for north west electricity to upgrade my service head as it's ~100yrs old...race against time 😵‍💫

I am in Reading. The installer that Hypervolt put me through, I think, is based out of somewhere in Surrey. I must probably add that my installation is a straightforward install. The meter and consumer unit are less than 3 metres from where I want the charger.
apparently a standard installation with grant includes 10m of wire, so if they are charging more then thats a cheat

had a tesla gen 3 installed today - cost £450 for the charger and £456 to install ( no grant available on the tesla gen 3 for some reason )

install not that bad but needed as per regs a 'pen' box fitting for safety etc

The Gen3 Wall Connector can be commissioned from a smartphone. As in, you can tell it the rating of its breaker (usually 32A), whether to allow all vehicles, only Tesla vehicles, or just a single Tesla vehicle. You can also configure it for load sharing if you have more than one Gen3 WC, where you need the combined current to not exceed some limit.

Once commissioned, it's pretty dumb. Though there is some open-source software available to query it for charge statistics over WiFi.