Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of full paint job in 2024?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering how much an entire paint job would cost in 2024? There are some threads from 2020 that such a job would cost $5k or so.

I'm not thinking about getting a paint job today, but maybe in like a decade if my car still runs lol. I'd have to replace one of the doors as well.

Depends on what kind of paint job you want. Do you want the windows taken out and door jambs ? I it gets expensive that way! If you go someplace that asks, do you want the rims painted? You can save a lot of money.
Damn, was just reading on reddit that a full paint job for project cars (not even Tesla) with all that you mentioned would cost $15-20k. I think it would be more prudent to just trade in the vehicle for a newer car, lol

And then do a full body ppf on that...

you are going to spend $5K-$10K or more, on a 10 year old EV that will have a value around $10K or less. Spend more than half the value of car just to make paint shiny? That simply makes absolute 0 logic.
Yup, looks like the smartest thing to do is to just get a newer vehicle and put some kind of ppf on it. I'll do that instead and live with the rock chips etc. on my car

There's an ole saying. "Better get Maaco."

1711134186690.png

Oh, and if someone needs the link.

I feel like I wouldn't want to get that unless the car has hundreds of rock chips or if it's at risk of getting rusted out

Even then, on the first high pressure wash, that paint will likely peel off lol

It sounds like you have left yourself plenty of time to decide

I'm not thinking about getting a paint job today, but maybe in like a decade

Reactions: fredjan
While we're at it...
Anyone know the cost of replacing LH rear door? I'm thinking, brand new OEM door, R&I to get rid of old door and install new one, and blend paint with the LH front door and rear fender.

I'd imagine around $4-5k all in all?