Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costa Mesa repair station has my car and does not respond to text or calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These guys run 100 Tesla thru each day. One of the busiest Service centers in the country.

When mine was there the kept me in constant text updates. Noted when work on it started, when it was completed and even notified me that they were no longer washing all the serviced vehicles due to environmental issues. (maybe also because so many owners asked that their cars not be washed).

Maybe there is just nothing to report in your case. Common for Tesla to go radio silence until they have a pick up time for your car.

I think this is pretty standard. My X was delivered with damage. They picked it up to take it to the body shop and it took almost 2 weeks to get someone to call me with an update.... It's going to be another 2 weeks before it's ready.....I hope. Mine is at the Burbank service center.

Costa Mesa is perpetually overwhelmed with vehicles. In the past, you could reach an actual person by calling them and selecting the option for "vehicle status/parts inquiry". Recently, that hasn't worked, and I've found that visiting them in-person is the only way to speak to someone.

You could also try calling the main Tesla support line and ask to be transferred to someone at the service center.

Also, I know this won't help those of you with vehicles currently in service, but the new Lake Forest service center location finally opened up a few weeks ago. This should help alleviate some congestion at Costa Mesa. Being a new location that fewer owners are aware of, I'd imagine the wait times, communication, and overall service experience should be better, at least for the first couple of months.

Lake Forest | Tesla

Last edited: