Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costco won't install tires on my Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't say Costco. It's okay to say some idiot that works at Costco (this week). But we know its not a company wide position not to install on Tesla's. Other stores have done it. They do it here. You can take some satisfaction that if that moron doesn't want to work on your car, you probably are better off not letting him touch your car, as he sounds incompetent.

My experience echos SammichLover's. Store manager dependent, and it's still a fairly new vehicle re: tire changes. My model 3 was the first one the downtown Vancouver Costco had done, and it took 3 trips to ensure they were setup and would do it (no luck the first 2 times).

That said, in Canada at least, I'm sticking to Kal Tire from now on. They clearly know what they're doing and much better service.

just had a nail in tire (20" michelin) repaired
@ costco fenton parkway san diego

not only are they familiar, have their own pucks
after remove, repair, rebalance, remount tire/wheel
they went completely around all 4 wheels to confirm
proper lug torque of 129!

these guys are GOOD!

only thing odd was they set off alarm when lowering
vehicle off rack, how I dunno, but my phone started
blowing up while I was paying ($14.83) and I had
to rescue the embarrassed tech!

Reactions: Kenz
only thing odd was they set off alarm when lowering
vehicle off rack, how I dunno, but my phone started
blowing up while I was paying ($14.83) and I had
to rescue the embarrassed tech!
Not really the techs fault as I understand it. The tech that was patching my tire last week at Costco said that when the lift starts/stops it can be abrupt which can trigger the alarm. Pretty sure that the key card isn't easy to use to stop the alarm for the tech either.

Not really the techs fault as I understand it. The tech that was patching my tire last week at Costco said that when the lift starts/stops it can be abrupt which can trigger the alarm. Pretty sure that the key card isn't easy to use to stop the alarm for the tech either.

initially Itried the key card to silence the alarm.
and it wouldn’t shut it down, regardless of 10 attempts!
by that time sounds system was at MAX!

I then switched to phone and unlocked too silence!!!

Reactions: Kenz