Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could not turn off!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked in a very tight spot in a hotel last night and had to get out of the passenger door. I could lock to car but the radio and lights stayed on. I eventually tried opening the drivers door (just!) and shutting it. Then got out of the passenger door again and everything turned off! So you have to let the car think the driver has got out of the car! Phew

I parked in a very tight spot in a hotel last night and had to get out of the passenger door. I could lock to car but the radio and lights stayed on. I eventually tried opening the drivers door (just!) and shutting it. Then got out of the passenger door again and everything turned off! So you have to let the car think the driver has got out of the car! Phew

Perfect time to use summon. It's great at tight spaces and you don't have to climb out the pax side. Interesting observation though.:)

I have been seeing the same issue on my '12 P85. If I get out of the car and close the door without waiting, it sometimes will stay on. I can even lock it, and it will remain on. It only shuts off after opening the driver's door for a couple of seconds and allowing the dash to switch over to the car "side view" image.