Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could Tesla make Regen stronger on pre-raven cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the Raven got a permanent magnet front motor, those are capable of Regen at lower rpm.
Also older batteries are having Regen threshold temps raised along with the batterygate and chargergate issues, so of you are leaving the car outdoors in sub-50 degree weather you probably aren't even getting true full Regen often. It feels to me like Regen is still limited some even when the dotted line goes away.

Reactions: 2101Guy
I test drove a 2020 MS prior to buying my 2016 90D (to see if the family fit...we do).
The regen in that car was significantly stronger/more powerful than in my 2016.
The 2020 would come to a complete stop and there was ZERO slipping backward on a slight incline.
My 2016 definitely feels more like an ICE in neutral when stopped.
I wish it were stronger.
I really do.

There is a creep setting to make it feel like a conventional car with an engine that pulls slightly. I turned mine off. Then there is a “hold” brake that will keep the car from moving on an incline when stopped. You just press on the brake a bit and you’ll see the icon pop up on the screen behind the steering wheel. It keeps the car still until you press the brake again or the accelerator.

There is a creep setting to make it feel like a conventional car with an engine that pulls slightly. I turned mine off. Then there is a “hold” brake that will keep the car from moving on an incline when stopped. You just press on the brake a bit and you’ll see the icon pop up on the screen behind the steering wheel. It keeps the car still until you press the brake again or the accelerator.
There is a reason I advised the young buyer of my classic 1997 BMW 328i with five-speed manual transmission to avoid driving it in San Francisco. "Take BART, dude."

If the obsolescence were planned, Tesla wouldn't make cars better than when they were new, with software updates. It's more like inevitable obsolescence, especially if they didn't have the resources to support everything regardless of technical specifications of years old hardware.
For many of us, Tesla has taken away more than they've ever given via those software updates.

Reactions: SSedan