Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple questions about features on my 2023 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When approaching the car with the phone, how do we get all 4 doors to unlock? Right now, the drivers door seems to be the only one.

im 6’0” my wife is 5’2. If I get in with my phone after she her, the seat does not switch to my position. Any help?

upon -ick up, dealership rushed us out the door and I can make sense if video or searched posts.

ty

When approaching the car with the phone, how do we get all 4 doors to unlock? Right now, the drivers door seems to be the only one.

im 6’0” my wife is 5’2. If I get in with my phone after she her, the seat does not switch to my position. Any help?

upon -ick up, dealership rushed us out the door and I can make sense if video or searched posts.

ty

For driver door unlock, this is covered in the manual for the car. I will link the manual, along with the relevant passage. Check the setting below:

========================================

Driver Door Unlock Mode​

Enabling Controls > Locks > Driver Door Unlock Mode only unlocks the driver door when you first unlock Model 3. The driver door unlocks only if a key is present on the driver side of the vehicle and not the passenger side. To unlock the remaining doors, long press the button located at the top of the interior driver door handle, use the touchscreen, mobile app or press the key fob a second time.

As far as profiles, first, make sure you have the right profile attached to the right phone key. it can also be a bit Finicky, but start with that. The online manual is pretty good, I would suggest looking through it, it may help to get grounded with the car.

Linking a Driver Profile to a Key​

You can link a driver profile to a key (or keys) to allow Model 3 to automatically select the correct driver profile when the linked key is detected as you approach the vehicle and open the driver's door. To link a driver profile to a key, first ensure you are using your desired driver profile, then touch Controls > Locks > Keys. You can toggle the driver icon to link or delete a key to the desired driver profile. The name of the driver profile appears under the key to show that it is linked.

Thank you I've read the manual.

When approaching the car with my phone, is there a way for all doors to unlock? I have driver door unlock mode set to on. If I turn this off, will all doors unlock when I approach with my phone?

When approaching the car with my phone, is there a way for all doors to unlock? I have driver door unlock mode set to on. If I turn this off, will all doors unlock when I approach with my phone?

Yes. Its a bit counterintuitive but thats how it works. I have it setup on my own vehicle (driver door unlock mode not on, all doors unlock).

Reactions: atvrida92 and jurob

Like others have said... Driver unlock mode feature means that only the driver door will unlock. This was meant for primarily solo drivers. While the manual mentions that it is when a keycard is presented, I believe that it also will only unlock the driver door with phone.