Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Courtesy call from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had the call from Tesla. She did the usual, check my details etc and then said Late July, Early August pushing into September for deliveries but did not know anymore than that.

Oct 2016 Res, 19 May 2019 Deposit (Order number just over 4k)

Quiet day in the office for Tesla I think - phone answered very quickly, or they just got back from lunch. So if you want to phone them, now may be the time...

Yes another official source telling me that trade in makes no difference - if it did we would just pay the whole lot 'cash'. But nothing holding us up other than being put through the vin matching process.

Nothing mentioned regarding reservation order, our is Aug 2017 so not super early. But she said vin matching was done when cars arrived in UK and there were based on order date and spec. We added tow hitch to our order around 17/05, so probably a little unusual and possibly one of the first orders with hitch as we are order 6xx 01/05 AM and added hitch later. Would like to think they used specs of orders placed as some way to work out what numbers to manufacturer. But from what I am seeing with Tesla, common sense does not necessarily mean thats what they do...

She said, 2-4 weeks we should hear about vin then 1-2 weeks after that for delivery. Mighty tight getting it in time for Summer holiday.

Very knowledgeable about the info she had in front of her, but clearly Tesla work in mysterious ways.