Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just called me to say they will have Highland in next week.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it’s worth, my S LR doesn’t have stalks. I’ve had it since the spring and I like not having to take my left hand off the yoke to change lanes or indicate a turn. What I don’t like is the horn not being in the airbag!! I wish they’d change that. Anyway, to each his own. Just my $0.02.
This is the UK sub-forum just so you are aware. It’s not indicating when the car is going straight that’s so much the issue, it’s indicating when the wheel is turned hugely that you’ve lost track of where the indicator is exactly. This will happen on roundabouts.

This is the UK sub-forum just so you are aware. It’s not indicating when the car is going straight that’s so much the issue, it’s indicating when the wheel is turned hugely that you’ve lost track of where the indicator is exactly. This will happen on roundabouts.
Drove the Plaid S LHD in UK, while it was different and did take some getting used to people saying its a deal breaker are :rolleyes:

• Disagree
Reactions: Leejmoff
Drove the Plaid S LHD in UK, while it was different and did take some getting used to people saying its a deal breaker are :rolleyes:
I’ve also driven the Plaid S LHD in the UK and for me that was a deal breaker and I cancelled my reservation. There’s no need to have to keep compromising each time Tesla makes their cars worse in this country, there’s other options.

What starts people going is when people seem to claim that no indicator stalks or say LHD in the UK is better. It’s clearly not. You can compromise and accept it, the rest of the car is a great package but these are negatives and not positives.

I just got a call from local Tesla sales person who said they will have a left hand drive model in the show room next week. Asked if I wanted to take a look. I said no, i'll wait until I can test drive it.

I said I wasn't that interested because lack of stalks and USS, and he didn't know what to say in response....ha ha.
I believe there were cars at the opening of Wolverhampton last week so they’re probably just doing the rounds.

Mod comment,

if this thread becomes another just talking about stalks the posts will get moved or deleted.
To be fair it’s a topic about Highland in the UK subforum of which the lack of stalks is the biggest change that will impact people. They are bound to want to talk about it.

Your call but I’m fine with a separate topic if you want but either way should let people talk about that topic. It’s not hopefully just a fan site and people can at least in the correct way be critical of Tesla’s shortcomings also.

To be fair it’s a topic about Highland in the UK subforum of which the lack of stalks is the biggest change that will impact people. They are bound to want to talk about it.

Your call but I’m fine with a separate topic if you want but either way should let people talk about that topic. It’s not hopefully just a fan site and people can at least in the correct way be critical of Tesla’s shortcomings also.
We don't need to talk about stalks on EVERY highland thread. If people are interested in finding out where they can go and see one, maybe have a test drive etc and work out for themselves if they like it or not. they should be able to find out where they're appearing without the thread being taken over again by the debate,

I personally think the buttons are stupid, this is far from censorship, it's just trying to stop this being a one topic forum.

We don't need to talk about stalks on EVERY highland thread. If people are interested in finding out where they can go and see one, maybe have a test drive etc and work out for themselves if they like it or not. they should be able to find out where they're appearing without the thread being taken over again by the debate,

I personally think the buttons are stupid, this is far from censorship, it's just trying to stop this being a one topic forum.
Absolutely fair, fully agree with that.

I've got zero interest in driving/buying an LHD car, wouldn't even consider one (no offence to any non-UK folk on the thread).

I'm intending to test drive a Highland P before pulling the trigger to get a feel for how bad the indicators are. I'm pessimistic about it given the videos I've seen (Bjorn, etc), and I'm not prepared to lower my driving standards just so I can selfishly drive something "unique". 🤷‍♂️

I get the feeling that nowadays a lot of people won't care though, and will happily just not bother indicating properly - if they ever did anyway.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Status
Not open for further replies.