Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just called me to say they will have Highland in next week.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, most of the time people drive alone.
Not all of us and this is a general problem with some of these forums. People think what and how they feel is how the whole world thinks and believes. Someone made this point more eloquently than me and I can’t find their post. But recently saw a post by @Zilla91 genuinely wondering why people are not that much bothered about USS. I don’t even think about USS in my car and I rarely use that to park and there are millions of us doing it that way - using that just as a rough guidance than as a must.

I buy a V6 or V8 petrol powered car based on whether the derivative is from an Italian thoroughbred or a marquee german lineage or one of the muscle cars from US of A. I don’t buy based on parking sensors and wipers. I buy a 1.5l turbocharged petrol or diesel car based on its mileage abilities, driving comfort, city driving and how profitable it is for me in terms of company car benefits etc., I buy a 2L diesel exe saloon for its badge snobbishness, dead cows, and the bells and whistles it provides for my occasional journey. Not one size fits all and if something doesn’t work for you may be buy a car that works for you, there are number of EVs around. But don’t delude yourself into thinking just because you do not want to buy a Tesla no one else is going to buy it.

People think what and how they feel is how the whole world thinks and believes.

I understand, and actually with a family of 8, our Model 3 very often has passengers in the rear seats. I believe I was speaking for the majority though... when I look around me at other cars on the road, most of them appear to be just a driver.

If there's a second passenger (non-child), then they sit upfront... not going to use that rear screen.

Even if there *are* rear passengers, in my case some of them might be too young to even reach the rear screen.

It'd be interesting to see the costs of all of these items. I don't expect Tesla to allow choice of all of these items (for speed of production's sake), but I suspect the cost savings of not having USS, rain sensors, and stalks aren't worth it.

when I look around me at other cars on the road, most of them appear to be just a driver.
May be US of A is slightly different to UK and other countries across this side of the pond. Though Tesla isn’t available in lots of SE Asian countries I have rarely seen any cars of any brands with empty rear seats, in fact in India you see minimum 7 people sharing a 5 seat car. US of A isn’t very representative of the rest of the 7billion and 300million people.

Reactions: father_of_6
Why are we comparing US with India in a U.K. sub forum?

I’m tired of this relentlessly pointless rhetoric trying to defend points with more and more obscure arguments

Mod hat: for the second time I’m going ask for everyone, me included, to keep it on topic or posts will simply be removed or deleted

May be US of A is slightly different to UK and other countries across this side of the pond. Though Tesla isn’t available in lots of SE Asian countries I have rarely seen any cars of any brands with empty rear seats, in fact in India you see minimum 7 people sharing a 5 seat car. US of A isn’t very representative of the rest of the 7billion and 300million people.
A clarification just to put this issue to bed. Here are some stats ... for England 2002 to 2018. This is likely to be the same for the whole of the UK. Most car journeys are undertaken with only the driver: "There has been almost no change in car and van occupancy over this period with either 60, 61 or 62 percent of journeys being made by a single driver without passengers."

Reactions: zoomer0056
for England 2002 to 2018.
Again slightly irrelevant as Tesla M3 boomed into the market on our shores only from 2019. I don’t think Elon introduced the rear screen based on this stat. Btw, if you do not have kids of that age at this point in life you really don’t know what can happen to your mobile phones or ipads on a long journey. Trust me, I do not give my kid access to any screens while travelling but you just have to make either the 2hr commute on a bad traffic day in Cambridge back from school or long journey to Europe to break that.

Status
Not open for further replies.