Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covering gloss black console with satin SunTek film

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a mediocre job on the install, but here ya go. Excuse the backing paper and such in the passenger footwell.

View attachment 277774 View attachment 277775

Nice! I’m guessing this is from RPM Tesla? I think the Brushed Titanium goes great with the black interior. I’m hoping for a white interior and looking at the Brushed Black Metal. Looks like the install went well.

Last edited:
Nice! I’m guessing this is from RPM Tesla?I think the Brushed Titanium goes great with the black interior. I’m hoping for a white interior and looking at the Brushed Black Metal. Looks like the install went well.

Yeah, the brushed titanium from RPM. I'll probably redo the center piece, I don't like how it turned out on the out-of-sight edges (I'm mildly obsessive about detail). Hoping they release the door/window control kits soon

• Love
Reactions: Skione65
Yeah, the brushed titanium from RPM. I'll probably redo the center piece, I don't like how it turned out on the out-of-sight edges (I'm mildly obsessive about detail). Hoping they release the door/window control kits soon

I’m a bit OCD about that stuff as well if there is such thing as a ‘bit’. I watched the dash wrap install video and personally couldn’t live with the middle seam and end wraps not that I would wrap that anyway. Hopefully the door/window wrap is as straight forward as the console. Those are the only areas I’ll wrap at all.

My brushed black wrap; I took the car to my favorite local shop for the clear mask on the hood, mirrors etc and had them do this.. I used the kit from RPM as well though these guys had the big roles of that vinyl there as well.

warpppedConsole.jpg

• Love
Reactions: gene and Skione65
I was having Ghost Shield in Thousand Oaks, CA apply SunTek clear bra to front of Model 3 today. I asked them if they could put something over the glossy black center console. I never like gloss black. Too shiny, too many fingerprints and too easy to scratch up. They installed for a mere $75 what they called satin film. For me, it makes the interior 100% more pleasant.

Some pics are with flash. Some are natural light.
Curious what did they charge you for the paint protection?

I think you've sold me on it. I was debating between the titanium, black brushed metal, and the carbon fiber. I just like how the titanium contrasts with all the black in the interior and I think it will match well with the wood dash. And if not, it's easy enough to remove and try something else.

I'm considering doing the steering wheel as well but it seems a bit over priced at $40 for what you actually get.

Last edited:
I think you've sold me on it. I was debating between the titanium, black brushed metal, and the carbon fiber. I just like how the titanium contrasts with all the black in the interior and I think it will match well with the wood dash. And if not, it's easy enough to remove and try something else.

I'm considering doing the steering wheel as well but it seems a bit over priced at $40 for what you actually get.

Yeah if I could get real carbon fiber replacement pieces I'd consider that, but when it's just a sticker I can't bring myself to be that guy. The brushed black metal looked too much like painted wood in the pics for me.

If you call and talk to Mark he may just sell you the single piece... really nice guy as I'm not too far from him and he's actually taken the time to put items on my MS when I've been to his shop!

Reactions: run-the-joules
If you call and talk to Mark he may just sell you the single piece... really nice guy as I'm not too far from him and he's actually taken the time to put items on my MS when I've been to his shop!

Yeah it sounds like they'll hook me up with a replacement piece for cost of materials + shipping, so I'll get 'em to toss one in when I order upgraded trunk lights.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
Maybe not something that you want to showcase but I would be interested in seeing photos of the edges you don't like to help me do the best job possible...