Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COVID-19 and Racism against China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am admittedly no Trump fan. But recently was the first time Trump backed down and came to his senses and pushed the social distancing out to June 1st and dropped the ridiculous Easter open doors talk.

I don't believe he *can* come to his senses, as you and I and reasonable thinking people would define that.

he's operating at an entirely different level. sociopaths do that. they don't think in terms of empathy or common good. its all about being self-centered and the world revolves around them.

unfortunately, that's the personality of the guy currently in charge of the US. textbook sociopath. and 'we' elected him. and many of 'us' still want him for 4 more years. I just don't understand that. not. one. bit.

Reactions: wuxyjj and john5520
I don't believe he *can* come to his senses, as you and I and reasonable thinking people would define that.

he's operating at an entirely different level. sociopaths do that. they don't think in terms of empathy or common good. its all about being self-centered and the world revolves around them.

unfortunately, that's the personality of the guy currently in charge of the US. textbook sociopath. and 'we' elected him. and many of 'us' still want him for 4 more years. I just don't understand that. not. one. bit.

You know, I've often wondered how a nutcase like Hitler could have mesmerized so many and here is a good example, in the 21st century. The only difference is, this one has the intellect of a flea.

This may seem like an extreme comparison, but if Trump actually starts advocating the genocide of a certain group, I would not doubt for one minute that people (even in high positions) would go along with it.

Reactions: wuxyjj and mswlogo
Reading the evolution of this thread is interesting.

The sad reality is that the US and South Korea got their first confirmed case on the same day in January. Intelligence officials were briefing congress and the White House about what was coming. South Korea reacted quickly with testing and quarantining. Trump sought to slow testing here and refused help from the WHO. He wasted 6 weeks and caused more deaths and more economic damage than would have occurred had the Federal government sprung into action.

No matter what your political affiliation is, we should all desire a government that works. When the biggest health crisis in 100 years arrived, the Trump administration showed just how incompetent it truly is. This incompetence will result in thousands of dead (if we’re lucky) who would have otherwise survived. It is heartbreaking to watch it all unfold, particularly when it was obvious to many of us in February that we weren’t moving quickly enough.

I can't take credit for this, that goes to Dennis Burton on FaceBook.

If Trump were Captain of Titanic:
"There isn't any iceberg.
There was an iceberg but it's in a totally different ocean.
The iceberg is in this ocean but it will melt very soon.
There is an iceberg but we didn't hit the iceberg.
We hit the iceberg, but the damage will be repaired very shortly.
The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg.
We are taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat, and they are beautiful lifeboats.
Look, passengers need to ask nicely for the lifeboats if they want them.
We don't have any lifeboats, we're not lifeboat distributors.
Passengers should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats.
I really don't think we need that many lifeboats.
We have lifeboats and they’re supposed to be our lifeboats, not the passengers' lifeboats.
The lifeboats were left on shore by the last captain of this ship.
Nobody could have foreseen the iceberg. "

I can't take credit for this, that goes to Dennis Burton on FaceBook.

If Trump were Captain of Titanic:
..... "

One correction, he just may be if he keeps up all his work as a "great leader". If there are fewer than 200K people that die he will be taking credit for his success. More and it's because we are a "big country" The only question left is which president does Trump replace on our currency?

That sums it up. Funny thing is any surviving trumpers will continue to vote for him. Scary. Darwin theory works too slow. ;)
One correction, he just may be if he keeps up all his work as a "great leader". If there are fewer than 200K people that die he will be taking credit for his success. More and it's because we are a "big country" The only question left is which president does Trump replace on our currency?

Would be appropriate for government issued junk bonds... ;)

China is messed up in many ways, I don't live in China I live here in the US were leadership is not working. None of the above excuses US incompetence. China is not the only racist issue here it's just a very convenient one. Let's call it the China virus, now that's done when will the US incompetence and excuses stop? If we call it a China virus it is now legitimate and no longer a hoax? Was the excuse for doing nothing, the name? Who will be next on Trump's blame game? Hospitals, governors, mayors, heath care workers, GM, CDC, media? Perhaps a three year past administration? This guy will play the race card, blame card, or any card but the competence and responsibility card. So let's now focus on China like Trump would like until that loses traction and then pick the next target because blame solves problems just as effectively as watching TV most of the day rather tan doing real work. Good thing there are local LEADERS in some parts of the country,
Trump has done a fantastic job as US president and I am no fan of the person. It is obvious a lot on here only listen to one side so I'll let you in on a secret the left hides from its followers. Trump never said the virus was a "Hoax", Trump did not collude with Russia, Trump never said white supremacists were good people. The previous administration did spy on Trumps political campaign and presidency, Naming a virus from its place of origin is common, FISA court was abused, Kavanaugh drinking beer in high school is not proof of rape, Biden and his boy are both corrupt. This has been nothing but a coup attempt since the election was lost and sadly a lot of people believed and still believe everything they were fed. Here is a simple test, if you really believe Trump asked the Russians for election help during the 2016 campaign, you're one of the sheep.

Trump has done a fantastic job as US president and I am no fan of the person. It is obvious you only listen to one side so I'll let you in on a secret the left hides from its followers. Trump never said the virus was a "Hoax", Trump did not collude with Russia, Trump never said white supremacists were good people. The previous administration did spy on Trumps political campaign and presidency, Naming a virus from its place of origin is common, FISA court was abused, Kavanaugh drinking beer in high school is not proof of rape, Biden and his boy are both corrupt. This has been nothing but a coup attempt since the election was lost and sadly a lot of people believed and still believe everything they were fed. Here is a simple test, if you really believe Trump asked the Russians for election help during the 2016 campaign, you're a true sheep.

... so deep fake videos below? haha

Reactions: byeLT4
Trump has done a fantastic job as US president and I am no fan of the person. It is obvious a lot on here only listen to one side so I'll let you in on a secret the left hides from its followers. Trump never said the virus was a "Hoax", Trump did not collude with Russia, Trump never said white supremacists were good people. The previous administration did spy on Trumps political campaign and presidency, Naming a virus from its place of origin is common, FISA court was abused, Kavanaugh drinking beer in high school is not proof of rape, Biden and his boy are both corrupt. This has been nothing but a coup attempt since the election was lost and sadly a lot of people believed and still believe everything they were fed. Here is a simple test, if you really believe Trump asked the Russians for election help during the 2016 campaign, you're one of the sheep.

I'm not a leftist and i get news from multiple outlets . You just made a slew of factually false statements. Added to block list.

Reactions: linux-works
I'm not a leftist and i get news from multiple outlets . You just made a slew of factually false statements. Added to block list.
False statements? Care to elaborate? I suppose you could argue if someone believes Trump asked Russia for election help they're not sheep, just mis-informed but all the other statements are absolutely factual.