Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covid Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love curb side pickup, Covid or Not, its a great idea! Target was the first to do it from what I saw, at least in my area, probably over a year ago, before Covid. Was amazing, especially with little kids, not having to take them out all the time if just doing a dipper run! Lazy or not, this is a convivence and ill always prefer to go to a store that has it.

Touchless delivery is the dumbest thing because the people that bring your stuff out literally touched it.

Just another method for lazy people that don't want to go inside the store or restaurant to pick up their own sh!t lol
My 86-year old parents use this service with Walmart. I'd rather not have them go into the store until they are vaccinated. I'm assuming you meant this in jest which is why I'm not telling you something else....! ;-)

Reactions: Johnny Vector
But why not the Trunk to deposit your groceries?. I noticed the Frunk-well is actually quite big enough for a large volume of groceries. I understand Frunk is cool and things don't shift around easily, but the Trunk well is pretty good too.

But why not the Trunk to deposit your groceries?. I noticed the Frunk-well is actually quite big enough for a large volume of groceries. I understand Frunk is cool and things don't shift around easily, but the Trunk well is pretty good too.

Every car can do that, no coolness to it. :cool: People are amazed when you put groceries in the engine compartment. LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: Electroman
Every car can do that, no coolness to it. :cool: People are amazed when you put groceries in the engine compartment. LOL.

Been doing that for years in the 911. Still have the odd person ask if I need any help.

When it comes to curb side deliveries, placing in your frunk means that your main cabin is still closed to the outside, if that is of any concern to you nowadays with CV-19. Whereas opening the rear hatch is no different than rolling down your windows while getting your items, albeit further away and what we assume is safer.

Even if I had the auto closing frunk, I'd be careful using that curb side because not all delivery people will know that it is auto close and some will try to manually close it, thinking they are doing you a favor so you do not need to get out. So does them trying to close it damage anything with respect to that auto open/close system? Could they dent that thin frunk cover, which is one of the reasons why you spent the money to add that auto open/close in the first place.

Pros and cons, all depends on who you get curb side and if they will listen to you. I just use the rear hatch and wear a mask. No auto frunk for me and it would be too small most times. Plus I drive head on into my garage and accessing the frunk when I get home would be a nuisance due to how tight that is for me, much easier for me to access the rear when parked in the garage.

But to each their own...

Just an FYI regarding the auto frunk. It does not matter if you close it manually, nothing damaged or broken. In fact, if the system becomes inoperable, the frunk still pops open same as if you had no auto frunk. The auto frunk does not control latching of the frunk, the car does this in factory form and retains this. Really no resistance to speak of even though the power struts are connected. I even tried pulling the fuse to test this and basically it is now your standard every day frunk. Now I speak of the Tesla Offer unit, have no clue how the other offerings handle this but assume they work in the same fasion.

We use the frunk for the unsanitized stuff ... makes it easier to unbox and wipe when we get home.

Wish we had a close frunk button. As it is, I wouldn't let someone else close my frunk because of the damage potential.

"Yeah, so put your hands on both sides of the logo and press down lightly making sure to not make a dent."