Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COzero dash cam - anyone use this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not this, but there was another brand that offered this exact dashcam for AP1 cars and it some members installed and had mixed reviews. Look for dash cam reviews in this forum and you will find the other vendor with the exact same model/look (perhaps same OEM making for both these vendors).
I installed Thinkware dual-cam.

Here it is. Default settings used. Default polarizing filter used (included in the supply).

Dropbox - 2018_0112_174226_035A.MOV

P.S. Seems to me that watching the video as a stream in Dropbox gives a different quality than downloading it and watching offline. Check both.

In the daylight the quality is better. You can find some videos on youtube, like this one for example.:

Last edited:
Reactions: RBeck79
Hi, I have been a COzero dash cam owner AP1 for some months.The physical designs & Fit is awesome, but i have been unable to get it to work. I have recorded nothing. I cant make sense of the App, at any level? is this image correct, is it the front page of the app? IMG_0035 3.PNG . Does it really require that you have to link to your phones LTE /Wi-Fi/3g every time you get in the car.?

I really must be missing something

I've had the CoZero Dashcam for AP2 in my late 2017 Model S100D for some months now and it works as described.
It was very easy to install, blends in well with the mirror unit, and appears to be well made.
Note that you have to have the App on your phone to be able to work it!
The quality of recording is probably good enough. The only problem I've found is that the replay stops and starts quite frequently, which is quite an annoyance. I'm trying to find out from CoZero if this is a fault or a normal occurrance.
Oh, and the instructions for using the equipment is pretty poor - you have to work it out for yourself!!

I purchased the IRO AP1 cam and it does appear to be the same as the CoZero. I ordered it off of eBay and it arrive within a week from China. I'm not sure if it supports 128 or 256 but will check the manual this evening.

As previously mentioned you do need to have the app installed on your phone in order to set up the cam and pull video. I love how it looks OEM and install was quite quick. One wouldn't know it was in the car unless it were pointed out.

I caught this near miss last night while leaving work. Fun happens at approximately 1:23 into the video.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Messagepads
looks great, does it record while parked ?
does it sense g-forces or sounds and store the clip if something happen while parked ?
anyone see a low-light video detail comparison to any known camera ?

The one downfall of the IRO or CoZero cam is that it does not record while the car is off. The car must be on for it to record. I weighed this and found the price point, ease of install and OEM look to be a trade off I was willing to make.

I can pull a low light recording if you're interested. I haven't reviewed that quality yet, either.

Yes, i bought and installed one a month ago. A little tricky to install but once doen, works perfectly and the HD video and sound are top notch. You will need a password for the COZero wifi on the camera so make sure you ask them for one. A great product!
I came across this dash cam from COzero: Dashcam for Model S AP2 – COzero International
I like the integration into the rearview mirror and the presumably easy installation.
Anyone use this/any feedback on this product? I could not find any reviews/videos on this site/youtube.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have to start recording or will it immediately start recording when the car is turned on? Also, does automatically record over prior videos or do you have to manually erase old videos? I'm looking for something that is as automated as possible because I know the one time I need the video I will have forgotten to start recording.

Yep to both. Install, setup, plug in the sd card and forget.

My only worry is, that I'll forget, that I actually do have a dash cam recording when something happens..

Do you have to start recording or will it immediately start recording when the car is turned on? Also, does automatically record over prior videos or do you have to manually erase old videos? I'm looking for something that is as automated as possible because I know the one time I need the video I will have forgotten to start recording.

Yes, it'll auto record once the vehicle is powered up. It will record in loops (length can be determined by user) with the oldest recorded over to make room for the newest clip. It doesn't record when the car is off.