Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO MS ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 2013 S85 and new P3D+.

Subjectively, S is better, and objectively 3 is.

If 3 had passive entry, then tie, If 3 had passive entry and air suspension, then 3.

But, subjectively, S is sexier.

So.....
"Objectively" always depends on facts, and the most important fact for S vs 3 is what you need it for. If your needs include large cargo and a hatch opening to load it, no 3 feature would make it objectively better. For example, no way I would convince my wife to go from MS to 3 - she would take a Toyota Sienna over a Model 3, objectively Sienna is better for her than a Model 3 because Model 3 will not fit stuff she needs as she hauls kids around for their activities. Model S however fits perfectly.

Well put Camera-Cruiser. Love the objective/subjective descriptors!

Maybe I should only look at air suspension CPO MS or does the car size itself make it a cruiser

I wonder if 3 can get passive entry with a better fob or is it the car?
The 3 handles don’t have the capability for passive entry. I think those little things like passive entry, auto lift gate and upgraded interior is what helps differentiate between the S and 3.

Doesn’t carmax take your car even if you don’t buy from them? If so just trade you car in there, and buy from Tesla.

I just took delivery of my 2015 CPO. To me the 4 year/50k mike extended warranty was very important. I was a little nervous about the car as the pictures were really bad quality but the car was in great condition. The experience was really good overall, and it took less than 45 minutes at the delivery center. My next Tesla will most likely be a CPO as well.

Trying to make it convenient, but I will if Tesla won't match the $2K. Maybe their margins are higher on the CPO then my 45K M3 :)

Here's what I reserved, if they can move my $3.5K M3 deposit over.

https://content.homenetiol.com/2002136/2151889/125x0/56d3aa758b284f46b5aa1bb68cf1094f.jpg

https://content.homenetiol.com/2002136/2151889/0x0/9e3122a891b146658692de60272437bd.jpg

In regards to the battery upgrade, that was only applicable on 60’s to 75’s. This S70 vehicle is not equipped to operate at an 85. Any other upgrades I should inquire about prior/after to delivery??
how did you convince them to move the deposit over to a CPO? They won’t budge on moving mine.

Reactions: vickh
Pics floating around here of what the update may look like and it's pretty much the 3 with a bigger horizontal display and small dash display. It's pretty much guarenteed they'll incorporate the new vent too, it makes little sense from a production standpoint not to, tbh.

I could be wrong, but I think Tesla gives you a full refund now. Otherwise people would just return the car for a full refund based on the 24 to 36 hour happiness guarantee.
I hope it doesn't come to that, but it could be my nuclear option.

Just in case , How has Tesla handled the 24 happiness guarantee ( i have test driven the M3). Do you just bring the car back to delivery center?

Thanks I knew there had to be some hook. Seems steep, Does Tesla have to title it as used if I return
Thanks I knew there had to be some hook. Seems steep, Does Tesla have to title it as used if I return?
If the car has been titled in your name then would have to be sold as used. If title had not transferred than no. ICE dealers sell their demo's as new. Tesla sells inventory cars with 2 to 3 thousand miles or more as new.

If you really want to test drive an older Model S and a Model 3 you could try renting from Turo for a day. It would cost some money but could be fun and will give you a much better sense of the cars than a normal test drive.

What I wanted was to drive the one I'd be buying, but I've come to accept that compromise. no model S on Turo in PHX right now.