Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Windshield From Defrost [after it was repaired previously]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a 2021 Model 3 Performance New with 950 miles from a service center in Chicago in Dec 2020, the car had a few cosmetic issues that I noticed upon my walk around when seeing the car in person. One of the issues was a small chip on the windshield, it was fixed by the service center by filling it up with a resin. I was assured that the windshield is perfectly fine and if any issues came from the chip, it would be covered under warranty. Yesterday I defrosted my car to clear windshield snow and it cracked, I've made a service appointment for it using the app but I am worried that Tesla Cincinnati might not cover the replacement under warranty. I am reaching out to prepare for my upcoming service appointment and to make sure that I am not turned down for this fix.

I told the guy at the Cinci service center of this special case and he insisted that they will inspect it for chips in person and make the determination to cover it under warranty or not. This has me worried.