Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked Windshield on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one have any quotes to compare for a Model Y cracked windshield?

I got a quote for Safelite and its 2k plus.

I submitted to Tesla Service and they quoted me 1266.

I use to have a small crack that was more of a dime but was able to stop and almost completely seal it. This one on the other hand is a long lone so I dont think I can seal it with clear resin.

cracked windsield.jpeg

Model Y and 3 windwheilds are a joke. We commute on a highway with snow, ice - tiniest little rock chip will crack it.
Replaced it 4x the past 18 months. Around 1,200-1,400 each time (or 100 deductible)
HAHAHA! I picked up a small rock chip, first week of ownership, directly in front of the driver. Glass shop repaired, almost completely invisible.

I've driven 32k miles, mostly open road, and have been hit countless times by stones, probably the same as in any other car I've driven over the past 50 years.

Zero cracking issues with my MYLR "joke" windshield. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: laservet
HAHAHA! I picked up a small rock chip, first week of ownership, directly in front of the driver. Glass shop repaired, almost completely invisible.

I've driven 32k miles, mostly open road, and have been hit countless times by stones, probably the same as in any other car I've driven over the past 50 years.

Zero cracking issues with my MYLR "joke" windshield. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
What’s so funny, our 4 cracked windshields?

Uhh...no...your assertion that Tesla windshields are a joke. Every forum has threads abou how fragile their particular brand of auto's windshields are, not fully understanding that all windshields come from the same few glass manufacturers. Similar discussion about 12V batteries.

Reactions: laservet
I just got a crack on mine as well on thursday. Started as a chip that grew into a 25in crack.

Safelite quote was 2k. All safelits around me have bad reviews so idk about going with them.

Tesla was 1266. I scheduled with Tesla SC for Sept 20 but just got a message this morning they are pushing it out to Oct 3. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed out again.