Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creak flex noise windows frame when going over bumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys,

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing something similar. I’ve been hearing a flex creak noise when going over small bumps near the passenger Windows. It seems to be coming from the window frame because when I open them slightly the noise goes away.

Anyone else hears the same thing when going over bumps?

Did you figure out how to fix this problem? I have the same problem on the driver's side. And like you, if I just slightly open the window, it goes away.

I haven't gone to the service centre yet because it's difficult to replicate. I can go a few days without any creaks. Yet on some days, it will creak every time I drive over any small bumps.

@T~Bone, did it work?

My creak is in a different location, see video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/U9D3YLviqVdJDF8Z7

I hear that creaking noise when pushing or pulling at that location, or when driving over bumps, but only when the window is raised. If I lower the window even like 1mm, it goes away completely. If I push and pull repeatedly, say for 10 seconds, the noise goes away but it then comes back in a few minutes.

Also, I just had my car in for service yesterday. They claimed to have fixed it but it's still there.

Will this lubricant help with this as well?

@rbarrett_2,

Not really. I still hear it now and then. I had a mobile ranger test drive the car and he said it was normal because of the frameless window. It seemed like I rarely heard it this winter though. Maybe because it was mostly wet (snow and all). So it gives me hope that it might actually work if I take the time to thoroughly apply it.

However, I can tell you that it's nothing as intense as what you have in your video. I pushed at the same location and it didn't make any noise like that. I'd say that yours isn't normal at all. :(