Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creaking/Rubbing with Next Gen Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a similar problem and instead of the lube that was mentioned above, I purchased this
Amazon.com: MICROSUEDE MICRO FIBER FAUX SUEDE ROLL - SIZE: 12" X 36" Micro Fiber Felt - SELF ADHESIVE - No Scratch - Premium Adhesive Backing - Peel-N-Stick (BLACK)
and then cut them out to the shape of the side of the center console, and stuck it to it. This way it's this felt and the seat is rubbing and now there's no squeaks. I did this on both sides, just in case it starts to rub and squeak on the passenger side.

+1 for the Krytox grease. It's pretty incredible how well the stuff works, and how little you need to use for it to be effective. I bought the 40 dollar tube and it will probably outlast the car even with many applications. Totally worth it.

When I have that issue with other cars, I grab the 2" wide velcro fuzzy side & with the adhesive backing, stick it on. 9 times out of 10, it does the trick.

Thanks for the Velcro fuzzy side suggestion. I used a 1” X 3” sized strip and attached it to the black side of my Center console where the driver’s seat runs. The great thing is that you can barely see it and it is black and blends in perfect regardless. It has 100% fixed my terrible noise issue. For $3.00 and a hidden look, I couldn’t be happier.

Picked up my used MS last week and have had the seat creaking issue from day 1. Dropped it off at the service center today and they only managed to reduce the noise a little. Was quite disappointed until I found this thread. Going to try the Krytox now, seems to have been successful for other here. Seems pricey by volume but it fixes the irksome creaking it will be well worth it.