Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

When I purchased my 2021 Model 3 last year in June, I applied for Tesla Financing since rates were low. The experience was smooth and I didn't really do much for the delivery.

We all know times have changed and rates are higher. I've been scouting around Bay Area CU's and the best 72-month rate seems to be San Mateo Credit Union at 3.49%. Does anyone have experience with applying and working with this CU?

Thanks for the pro tips. Gave me the clarity and idea on what to watch out for.

I applied and got approved for 2.5% 60mo. I opened a savings account as well. Now, I think I uploaded all the docs but not 100% sure what #2,#3 is. I presume #1 is the Order Agreement.
  1. Obtain copy of Signed Purchase Order (sales contract) <- Tesla Order Agreement doc?
  2. Provide a copy of GAP policy or service contract <- Not Applicable?
  3. Non-Franchise Dealer: Obtain perfected title or registration <- Not Applicable?
  4. Copy of Valid Driver's License
  5. AdelFi Membership is required for all applicants
  6. Provide Proof of Insurance
  7. Proof of income
  8. Copy of Social Security Card
  • Once you select a vehicle, submit the purchase order from the dealership to AdelFi*. <- is this the MVPA doc? [From online account (not the app) > Manage > Documents > MVPA]
  • You will receive your loan documents via email for e-signing.

Thanks for the pro tips. Gave me the clarity and idea on what to watch out for.

I applied and got approved for 2.5% 60mo. I opened a savings account as well. Now, I think I uploaded all the docs but not 100% sure what #2,#3 is. I presume #1 is the Order Agreement.
  1. Obtain copy of Signed Purchase Order (sales contract) <- Tesla Order Agreement doc?
  2. Provide a copy of GAP policy or service contract <- Not Applicable?
  3. Non-Franchise Dealer: Obtain perfected title or registration <- Not Applicable?
  4. Copy of Valid Driver's License
  5. AdelFi Membership is required for all applicants
  6. Provide Proof of Insurance
  7. Proof of income
  8. Copy of Social Security Card
  • Once you select a vehicle, submit the purchase order from the dealership to AdelFi*. <- is this the MVPA doc? [From online account (not the app) > Manage > Documents > MVPA]
  • You will receive your loan documents via email for e-
Yes, #1 will be the MVPA. Tesla will generate this document for you, once you change to a third party loan. Looks like you have everything covered. You also have a great rate considering the current environment. I used the messaging feature on the loan application page to touch base with the loan officer. They have always replied to me, or called me. On another note, Adelfi wired the money to Tesla today so everything looks good for my delivery on Wednesday.

Redwood credit union has lower rates, I switched from Travis credit union when I seen that redwoods rates were about 1/2 a point lower than theirs, and Redwood also gives you a quarter point discount for an electric vehicle!

rcu.png

Last edited:
Reactions: radicalone
I wish I could apply for Redwood CU but I don't meet the eligibility for membership. I spoke with a SMCU Loan Officer and since they offer a 90-day rate lock in, I applied today.

I'm just hoping the trade in value isn't lowballed so that I don't have to out pocket more for the down payment...

I wish I could apply for Redwood CU but I don't meet the eligibility for membership. I spoke with a SMCU Loan Officer and since they offer a 90-day rate lock in, I applied today.

I'm just hoping the trade in value isn't lowballed so that I don't have to out pocket more for the down payment...
The used car market is not what it was even a few months ago, luckily for me my niece wants to buy my vehicle, so I’m good once Tesla gives me my damn car.

Just spoke to a rep in order to get my account confirmed, right off the bat, she asked if I had found out about AdelFi from the Tesla forums, 🤣
I have a Model Y estimated to be delivered to Oregon from Dec 8-31. For you and other people who used AdelFi or JACOM, can you tell me how long your rate was approved for? Can I apply in October and still lock in the rate or was it only 30 days? Thanks in advance!