Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Little off topic, but can you guys share banks, lenders, CUs you guys are using these days to finance your used Teslas? Who is offering the best rates?

Previously, PenFed CU was the king... Is that still the case? Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.
Off topic? Financing is what this whole thread is about 🧐

Grab a cup of coffee and read the past five or six pages ☕😀

Reactions: StoXto3toY
Off topic? Financing is what this whole thread is about 🧐

Grab a cup of coffee and read the past five or six pages ☕😀
The person you quoted posted that post in the off topic subforum. I moved it here, because the question is basically answered several times in this thread, so its not their fault it looks a bit out of place asking that question in this giant thread talking about basically what they asked about.

Hi,

Finally got my VIN assigned, Austin build, O/D - Jan 18, 2023! Now, I have to submit the notarized documentation to Tower. The form is straightforward other than a couple of things, account number on security agreement dated on! See the attached screenshot. Can anyone help who has already gone through this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.51.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.51.26 PM.png
    206 KB · Views: 65
So is the consensus for best rate right now is Armco? Or are there others you guys going with for used Teslas?

Also, about Armco, since they're backed up for 3 to 4 weeks, anyone know if they'll honor the rate as long as we apply before 2/28?
In terms of credit unions that pretty much accept anyone - yes. But there are some local credit unions, with tighter eligibility rules, out there that have even lower rates. Use https://www.datatrac.net/ to see if there are any around you with better rates.

Typically if you apply and get approved, your approval and rate is good for 30 days. On their website, it also mentions that they can withdraw this promotion at any time so 2/28 isn't a guarantee either. What's your EDD?

Reactions: Fragger
In terms of credit unions that pretty much accept anyone - yes. But there are some local credit unions, with tighter eligibility rules, out there that have even lower rates. Use https://www.datatrac.net/ to see if there are any around you with better rates.

Typically if you apply and get approved, your approval and rate is good for 30 days. On their website, it also mentions that they can withdraw this promotion at any time so 2/28 isn't a guarantee either. What's your EDD?
Thank you for the helpful link. Indeed, I see some CUs locally with the comparable rates as Armco. I know their promo can end whenever they want, but, since they're processing in 3 - 4 weeks, I assumed that meant that if the application was submitted before then, the rate will hold... Otherwise, the promo is already dead by technicality, no?

I don't have an EDD, in that, I'm looking for pre-owned cars. Sometimes at dealerships.

Thank you again.

Maybe my paranoia or maybe I am just being cautious.

Can someone confirm the armco referenced here is this: Auto Loan Special - Armco Credit Union

The armco link I posted above redirects to loanspq.com when applying. Any thoughts?
Yep, that’s where I started my loan application process.

And someone was asking about insurance requirements…Armco did not require a specific deductible.

Yep, that’s where I started my loan application process.

And someone was asking about insurance requirements…Armco did not require a specific deductible.
Did you become a member by opening a checking account? I see it's recommended to become member of the BC3 Alumni Association by paying 20 bucks, but on the BC3 website it says to become member check Armco website. I don't see anywhere that you can pay the BC3 membership fee to become eligible.