Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise control / Autopilot not available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gigaron

San Bruno
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
My MY has a bad habit of wanting to play slalom between the #1 “passing” and #2 lanes on highway 580 in the SF Bay Area. This is a freeway where people don’t understand that you need to push the accelerator pedal when you’re going up a hill. So people drive 75-80 downhill and 60-65 uphill.

So the MY will move left to pass, move right out of the lane for maybe 20 seconds then move left to pass — repeat. Tapping “cancel lane change” just delays it for 10 seconds.

If I force the issue by turning the wheel or pushing up in the shift lever to pull it out of FSD/cruise control, many times the car will tell me that FSD or cruise control are not available when I double tap down and I have to wait and try it again.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

My MY has a bad habit of wanting to play slalom between the #1 “passing” and #2 lanes on highway 580 in the SF Bay Area. This is a freeway where people don’t understand that you need to push the accelerator pedal when you’re going up a hill. So people drive 75-80 downhill and 60-65 uphill.

So the MY will move left to pass, move right out of the lane for maybe 20 seconds then move left to pass — repeat. Tapping “cancel lane change” just delays it for 10 seconds.

If I force the issue by turning the wheel or pushing up in the shift lever to pull it out of FSD/cruise control, many times the car will tell me that FSD or cruise control are not available when I double tap down and I have to wait and try it again.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?
Not exactly similar, but I on delivery my AP/FSD would not work at all. Sometimes it would engage but then stop after 2 minutes, 5, minutes, 20 minutes, never engage, etc. I tried reboots (soft and hard), contact support, etc. Long story short, after one mobile visit and two service center visits it was determined my radar/ap system was faulty from the factory and was replaced. I have had zero issues since.