TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cruise Control Not Available (Autopilot too)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by glh280, Feb 8, 2016.

1. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

It happens to me every time I get in and turn the car on facing the sun or another brighg object. I noticed every time I left the gym in the morning and the sun was rising I would get the message, I started parking backwards away from the sun and have not seen it since.

2. WillGaby

WillGaby New Member

I have had no problems with cruise control/auto steer in my 2018 Model X (except for discovering some EXCITING limitations to auto-steer). Today I Had a dentist appointment ~30 miles away. On the way there, I used both cruise and auto-steer with no problems. About 1/4 of the way back, I was using neither and, when a car braked hard and suddenly in front of me, I did the same. Once back on the highway, with both cruise & auto-steer icons showing, I could get neither to engage and I tried several times; there were NO alerts, warning messages, or errors reported. I pulled off the road and into a parking lot. I checked the screens in both "Controls" and "Settings",and everything was set as it should be. I put the X in park, unfastened my seat belt, and exited the vehicle. I walked far enough away to ensure that the vehicle would know I was away and turn OFF. I went back to the X, and drove away. Nothing had changed, and while both icons were showing, neither cruise nor auto-steer would engage, and fhere were no alerts/errors/warnings. Can anyone help with an answer to this problem?