Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello ...

2021 Model Y newbie ... when on Cruise Control, car will continue through some greenlights but at others it will start to slow as if approaching a red light! Have to tap accelerator to override. Anyone else notice this? Is this normal behavior? I spoke with a Tesla technician and he didn't know what to say -- then he drove another Model Y and experienced the same thing. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: jsight
Hello ...

2021 Model Y newbie ... when on Cruise Control, car will continue through some greenlights but at others it will start to slow as if approaching a red light! Have to tap accelerator to override. Anyone else notice this? Is this normal behavior? I spoke with a Tesla technician and he didn't know what to say -- then he drove another Model Y and experienced the same thing. Thanks for the input.

I bought FSD so even when I am on cruise only without Autosteer, the car stops at every red or green or yellow light except when:

.There's a lead car that leads it through a green light
.I manually tap the accelerator to allow it to run through a green light.

Hello ...

Please read the manual regarding FSD. I know that's tedious, but this feature is advanced enough to where that is important. https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Attached are two of the pages, but the rest are significant too.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-08-18 10-20-02.png
    Screenshot from 2021-08-18 10-20-02.png
    238.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot from 2021-08-18 10-19-55.png
    Screenshot from 2021-08-18 10-19-55.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 51