Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb rash repair on arachnids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have arachnids, but I have had curb rash repaired a few times on my 21” staggered turbine wheels. There’s a local mobile repair guy that comes to me and grinds down the rash, fills and smooths it out, then paint matches to where you can hardly tell anything ever happened. The fact that he comes to me makes it even better.

• Informative
Reactions: 2101Guy
I don’t have arachnids, but I have had curb rash repaired a few times on my 21” staggered turbine wheels. There’s a local mobile repair guy that comes to me and grinds down the rash, fills and smooths it out, then paint matches to where you can hardly tell anything ever happened. The fact that he comes to me makes it even better.

How much typically per wheel? I'm in the tri-state atlantic area but can't find any mobile guys

If you are even slightly handy at DIY things, since the arachnids are the common silver color, can easily DIY. They are tons of YouTube videos that show you how to address curb rash. As others pointed out it is as simple as sanding down the rough area using a filler letting a dry sanding it down even and hitting it with a spray of silver that matches the rest of the wheel almost identically. If the rash is not that deep? You can even just sand smooth and spray. From more than 5 feet away no one will ever be able to tell the difference.

May not be worth to pay over $100, especially if there is good chance...you will curb it again...
This vid shows results using quick and dirty method vs using filler.

And this is the process if you must have 100% perfection in repair..

Last edited:
Mobile repair for ~$120 is a no brainer. I unfortunately had three to touch up so did it myself. Definitely a DIY job if you can spare a couple hours. I sanded and filled the rashes the night before then painted/clear-coated the next day. Gunmetal from a GM color pallet was dead-on, too.

Attachments

• 011BDEC3-74AF-4CD4-AEC1-13ABF33B37CC.jpeg
    011BDEC3-74AF-4CD4-AEC1-13ABF33B37CC.jpeg
    908 KB · Views: 148