Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tata,
got my VIN today. Wonder if you & I are the only people for Jackson MS pickups. What was your order date? pickup date TBD
Joe
I have not received my VIN as of yet. Just checked today and it was pushed back for a October EDD, which I believe will be updated back to August again. Order date was end of May / Early June (had messed up my order and believe it was June 6 where everything was completed)

Reactions: Joe_B and TESRP
Just tried that, still the same. October
I wish I could get you a VIN that easy!

I'm in October like the rest. No worries though, just a glitch like the dreaded "September" in June/July.

Since this forum has a short memory I'll remind everyone that a few folks called and were fed lines like "we're conducting server side upgrades to make EDDs more reliable. You should see more stable dates in a few days".

1627907971969.gif

This scares me, but I'm not sure if it scares me or you more. I live in King of Prussian and am expecting delivery to Devon as well. I ordered on 7/8 (LR, Black Ext, Black Int, 19", no tow, 5 seats, no FSD). My EDD says September 15-30 (Yesterday was September 16-30). I did call the build center on Monday to ask about EDD because my current vehicle registration is expiring on September 22 and I'm trading that in. They told me that I should expect my car before the 22nd and that it most likely will not run after the 22nd. What are your specs?

Interesting... Our specs are Long Range, Midnight Silver Metallic, 20" wheels, black interior, no tow, 5 seats, no FSD.

Just checked today and the EDD now says October again. The last time I emailed our SA a week or so ago, they were say it's on track for late August... I'm not sure what to think at this point...

Lol agreed. Honestly they shouldn’t even bother with EDD’s (until you get a vin) given how pointless it is
agreed.. EDD should just say a month like October/September and once we have a VIN, they should notify. Others like BMW, Benz make cars based on order config and tesla doesn't which is why we have to deal with all this. BMW order allows you to track each step of manufacturing process.

1627908478210.png

I wonder if this is also a sign of part shortages/reduced inventory and the system is responding accordingly until there is a replenishment...
highly likely. Tesla's EDD is automated based on available parts and pending orders with same config and logistics strategy. Which is why we see so much fluctuations. Tesla thought it will be more accurate to report best possible dates but it just annoys customers who check every day/hour/minute/sec.. just refreshed 3 times while typing this. .darn it.