Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t understand why my delivery date says June 2022 for a MY LR when I ordered 7/2021. It seems everyone in this thread who had ordered months after me has earlier delivery dates or has a vin assigned.
Possibly a dumb question; did you complete your profile after ordering?

I did not complete my profile until a week or so after I put in my order (payment method: selected financing); my understanding is that my delivery date is dependent on the completion date of your profile.

Possibly a dumb question; did you complete your profile after ordering?

I did not complete my profile until a week or so after I put in my order (payment method: selected financing); my understanding is that my delivery date is dependent on the completion date of your profile.
It's a yes and no is some instances. My od is 8/13, updated profile around 10/20-ish as financing offer expired and I had to switch to self finance. And edd is end of December, maybe it's a coincidence though

I don’t understand why my delivery date says June 2022 for a MY LR when I ordered 7/2021. It seems everyone in this thread who had ordered months after me has earlier delivery dates or has a vin assigned.
What Stirfry said, it has to be that you didn’t complete your profile. Make sure you select a payment method. Even if you are going to finance, select cash. Finance will force a credit check, and will expire in 60 days, when you reapply, you get yet another credit check.

Reactions: PatrickTM
What Stirfry said, it has to be that you didn’t complete your profile. Make sure you select a payment method. Even if you are going to finance, select cash. Finance will force a credit check, and will expire in 60 days, when you reapply, you get yet another credit check.
So I actually asked about this to my SA (long time guy so I think he would know what he is talking about). He said the delivery date and profile are not linked at all. The only time profile completion becomes an issue is when they go to schedule the VIN if a profile is not completed they will reach out to complete it, figure out payment method, etc. Other than that everything is based upon order date (based upon when the deposit was paid) and then breaks into production batches. Is that not how it works?

Reactions: Naija King
Like many others on here, my EDD pushed back this morning. After a month at 12/10-12/31, it’s now 12/31-1/28. Interestingly, my brother ordered one month after me: we both live in the Seattle area, his is black/black (vs my blue/white- no other differences), and his EDD is now 12/11-12/31. So ordered one month later and EDD one month sooner… 🤪

Like many others on here, my EDD pushed back this morning. After a month at 12/10-12/31, it’s now 12/31-1/28. Interestingly, my brother ordered one month after me: we both live in the Seattle area, his is black/black (vs my blue/white- no other differences), and his EDD is now 12/11-12/31. So ordered one month later and EDD one month sooner… 🤪
Tesla might be doing you a favor if BBB bill passes. LOL.

Reactions: SuperchargEDD
Does the return policy not exist anymore at all? I was under the impression you had like 3 days and 100 miles to return it.
I believe you have 3 days or 100 mile to report problems as delivery issues which they'll fix for free. Usually, once you drive the car of the lot it's yours, unless explicitly stated otherwise which Tesa no longer does.

Last edited:
So I actually asked about this to my SA (long time guy so I think he would know what he is talking about).....snip...... Is that not how it works?
I honestly don't know. I am just basing this off of what I have seen/read here.

Without the profile date completion being tied to delivery date I can't see a reason as to why a model y ordered in June 2021 has an EDD date of June 2022. Unless a change was made to the order.

Shrug. First world problems I suppose.

Yeah, I don’t mind being pushed back at this point, since there’s a chance the credit could go through, with an effective date of 1/1/2022. We’ll see what happens!
I ordered when I did aiming to take delivery first week of January, just in case it goes through. I ordered just before the last 2 price changes also so here is hoping I get one of the first January deliveries.

Reactions: SuperchargEDD
So I actually asked about this to my SA (long time guy so I think he would know what he is talking about). He said the delivery date and profile are not linked at all. The only time profile completion becomes an issue is when they go to schedule the VIN if a profile is not completed they will reach out to complete it, figure out payment method, etc. Other than that everything is based upon order date (based upon when the deposit was paid) and then breaks into production batches. Is that not how it works?
Interesting, my SA said the exact opposite. I originally had a January EDD when I placed my order on Aug 31. End of October, I looked and it said April. Contacted my SA and he said it was because my profile was not complete. Message under EDD said it was based on order date and profile complete. Worked with my SA, ensuring profile was complete. Next day, EDD updated to March 13 - April 12.

Reactions: PatrickTM