Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead of sliding the window is closing again still no VIN

April 12: 509 - 5/29
April 11: 4/21 - 6/10
April 14: 4/15 - 4/27
April 15: 4/17 - 5/07
April 16: 4/18 - 5/07
April 17: 5/07 - 5/27
April 18: 4/20 - 5/07
April 19: 4/21 - 5/07
April 20: 4/22 - 5/07
April 21: 4/23 - 5/07
April 22: 4/24 - 5/07
April 23: 4/25 - 5/07
April 24: 4/26 - 5/07
April 25: 4/27 - 5/08
April 25: 4/28- 5/08

Ordered MYLR Blue with all other defaults on 4/3, estimated delivery date was late June to early July when I placed the order.
Got a text message this morning to schedule the delivery then got a call form SA this afternoon saying I can pick it up today.

However, I won't be able to take delivery until June or July because my current lease still has few months left. SA immediately told me that they can hold the order for me until then. Great experience so far with car order.

Bad experience with Tesla store though. I ordered a NEMA 14-50 adaptor on 4/4 from Tesla store, nothing showed up yet even the SR told me they have escalated the issue and requested a replacement about 10 days ago.

HA! I think I have yours, along with someone else's. Sorry! I ordered two 14-50 adaptors (for an option to use either my house/solar meter outlet or for a separate EV meter for off-peak rates), and they sent me two (not billed) extras by mistake. I'm getting them in the mail back to Tesla today... maybe they'll end up in your mailbox down the line! No VIN or dates yet (other than 5-9 weeks from delivery), so just enjoying reading everyone else's adventures for now!

I got bumped again too- yesterday was May 28-June 17 (furthest yet, though aligns with what I was expecting when I ordered) and this morning is May 5-25.

I see Tesla’s pattern now. Afternoon and morning changes. Must be a shift change and employees messing with us. Lol
In non-news news, my dates did not change for once and have stuck at May 5-25. I would be 100% happy if it stuck at a solid May 25 date. Better than having no idea at all since these estimates don't mean much.

i don't think anyone knows. maybe he got lucky and tesla happened to have the exact config he ordered that someone cancelled?
I'm starting to think their process for deciding is to throw everyone's name into a Lottery Ball dispenser, spin it and pull names. Just watching people get VIN#s and dates, no matter what part of the country or what specs they have prior to others, makes no sense at all...

Reactions: danno625
I'm starting to think their process for deciding is to throw everyone's name into a Lottery Ball dispenser, spin it and pull names. Just watching people get VIN#s and dates, no matter what part of the country or what specs they have prior to others, makes no sense at all...
Yeah I've been trying to put my finger on the reasoning behind it all. But at this rate, seems as much of a black box as the credit score algorithms lol

Reactions: Surfit34
I test drove the Mach-E and the Model Y on two consecutive days. The Mach-E was an impressive car, much better than what I was expecting from Ford. If it wasn't that much smaller than the Model Y, I'd already have switched to that instead of waiting 2-? months for the Y.
I have been impressed with other offerings from other companies. The mach-e is really nice, so was the jaguar i-pace. For me though, I needed the towing capability. That severely limits my options. There are a few other EVs that can tow (I think the volvo can and the volkswagan can), but their ranges are ~ 100 miles less than the Model Y. Even if the MY doesn't get as close to the EPA estimates as others, that's still a large discrepancy and towing really takes a huge chunk of range; you really need every mile you can get. Add the additional need to stop and charge more frequently, Tesla has all others beat by a billion on their charging infrastructure. In the end, it was a MY or nothing. Side note - I did think about Rivian, too bad they are just shy away from production. Them trucks look fantastic.