Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're getting "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Refresh the page a few times. you may find yourself looking at an actual date range. It all goes back to how their servers are managed and if it can handle recalling your timeline before the page loads.

6B331ADA-5F47-4D0E-A78D-1140668081F4.jpeg

Alright, who broke it?

CT
These website issues are a little baffling to me -- if it's being DOS'd (either intentionally or unintentionally), you've gotta get on that. It's been 4 whole days. It's a bad look and is going to impact business at some point, if it hasn't already.
Site back up. Went from 4-11 weeks to: "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Order date: 5/15 , Minnesota
This happened to me but my dates or weeks never returned. Brace yourself

The website thing has happened probably 15 times since February and every time it’s nothing other than an inept team or poor architecture. Thankfully the car software and app are rock solid. They don’t need to take down the site for updates like date ranges. If they did, they’d do it at night

As for deliveries. Tesla does only care about maxing deliveries in a quarter. So, they have no reason to deliver in the US in July, for example.

Did a little digging to figure out where the tesla site is running. Turns out it seems to be hosted on a front end IP address that is owned directly by them. The ASN for the IP that tesla.com resolves to matches tesla as well so this is advertised by them direct to the internet. It does traceroute through akamai, so there's some CDN in front of it for volumetric protection or WAF, but it really seems based on a dig/traceroute/whois/ASN lookup that this site is hosted from their premises, not in a cloud. It could be proxying traffic via load balancers/api gateways from web services in a cloud, but this could explain capacity issues, etc, like a bunch of data center appliances that are melting (WAFs/firewalls that are maxed out on flows/etc), or capacity in a blade chassis/hw cluster that normally can handle it. It wouldn't surprise me either if they were querying an ERP that manages the assembly line for the status of each order, and that ERP has an API query limit that is exhausted by all of us refreshing all day long. I'd put money on the fact that at least some of the outages are failed code pushes trying to figure out how to do a cache layer on that API, or something to offload that traffic. Doubt it's the same crew designing the car facing stuff. Although, I recall a reddit thread from a few years ago that talked about some basement duct tape/bubblegum infra that used to run things. I've seen other stuff saying they've moved to Kubernetes, etc for the car facing apps, but this account site could be a lot of tech debt that is now coming due for payment.

**I'm a cloud nerd who doesn't want to write documents for work right now, so I did this instead. Not making excuses for them (at least just put up a page that throttles requests/static caches/something), just adding to the rampant speculation here for entertainment value. YMMV, IANAL, consult a doctor if it lasts more than four hours.**
You could have told me how I could win every lottery jackpot I ever play in that paragraph your typed….and I’d still lose. Sir you lost me about two words into the third sentence.

The website thing has happened probably 15 times since February and every time it’s nothing other than an inept team or poor architecture. Thankfully the car software and app are rock solid. They don’t need to take down the site for updates like date ranges. If they did, they’d do it at night

As for deliveries. Tesla does only care about maxing deliveries in a quarter. So, they have no reason to deliver in the US in July, for example.
So if let’s say they can’t deliver any cars in June (unlikely but who knows), would they push everyone (everyone who ordered in March, April and beyond) for an August-September delivery? That would be a nightmare for everyone.